10 x reader-8

Request: reader feeling depressed because she loves the doctor but thinks he doesn't love her back because he's still hung up on rose but he does love her.
Requested by: The_coolest_Timelord

"Hey (y/n)" The doctors says his head popping through the door way of the libaray.
You had recently realized your feelings for him but you where afraid to admit them to him.
"Hey!" You say back grabbing the rose book mark you always used closing your book.
The doctor looks at it and his face drops his bright smile turning into a frown.
"A...rose" he mumbles.
"Oh I miss her" he says sitting down.
You can't help feel a bit upset he still loved rose even after all this time.
Or so you thought.
The doctor picks up the book opening to the page you where on taking the rose staring at it.
"oh ya I...i think I'm going to go to my room now" you say walking to your room sitting down on your bed putting your earbuds into your ears ignoring the pain in your heart and the coldness of the world.
Back in the library the doctor had noticed you left.
"(Y/n)?" He says looking up.
Just the thought of your name sent warmth threw him no one had been able to do that since...her.
But he had to move on from her, he wasn't going to get her anytime soon.
And that's when two and two clicked how had he not noticed something...

The way it felt when he would hold your hand,or the occasional glances between you both when the other wasn't looking or maybe the love held in both of your eyes.
How have I been to blind that I couldn't see what I had the the doctor thinks.
"(Y/n)" he says knocking on your door opening it.
You look up from your sad songs wiping the tears from your eyes not wanting to the doctor to see you where crying.
But wiping your tears didn't hide the swollen eyes and red face.
"What wrong"?" He says not liking seeing you sad.
He liked it when you where happy the radiant bright smile you would always have he loved it.
"It's nothing now if you're here to talk about rose and how much you love her then just go aw-" you start.
"What makes you think I still love her" he says avoiding eye contact.
"Well I assume..."you say.
"Yes I miss her dearly but I've learned to love again I'm-I'm ...over her" he says.
"Oh wonderful who do you love now? oh I know! it's that alien lady we met yesterday or that blue lady from that other planet!" you sarcastically say.
"No not them" he says.
"Then who?" You ask.
"...You..."
He had put his lips on yours.
This is not a drill this is not a drill! You mentally think
You are shocked at first but you kiss back in the end
His lips tasted like cinnamon and strawberries a interesting taste.
You pull back putting your forehead on his
"But...but I thought you loved rose" you say not being able to take the smile of your face.
"Yes I loved her as in the past" he says.
"I love you" he says.
"I-I love you to" you say not believing this was happening.
" hey but I realized something There's no such thing as the past for you doctor not really" you say.
"Still" he says .
You both laugh laying on the bed talking about where to go next hand in hand.