Chapter 40

I will put a full song list of Prestige's 2nd album at the bottom of this chapter! It was posted in a previous chapter as well, but just in case you missed it: here it is.

Thank you, as always, for reading!

Enjoy!

-Hinata's POV-

The next few days passed in one big blur with the only thing sticking out to me being the incredibly demanding dance practices and worrying about Sakura. Ever since Monday, our first day back from Christmas break, she's been gradually getting more quiet and withdrawn.

On Tuesday morning, the day after our late night hospital visit, I gathered the courage to ask her if she truly is okay, but she insisted that she's completely fine and is just feeling a bit off because of the pain medication the doctor prescribed her. I want to believe her, I really do, but something in the back of my mind keeps warning me not to let her out of sight.

Not only do I have Sakura to worry about, but ever since Sasuke and I cuddled not once, but twice, and he also came home the way he did for my birthday, things have been a bit awkward now that we're not the only two home. Rather, I should say that I'm a bit awkward. He's been completely normal as though nothing happened at all.

I can't help it. Every time we're within a few feet of one another or make eye contact, memories of how it felt for him to hug me so tightly after giving me such a heartfelt gift flood my brain and I start to have a mini-panic attack trying to remember how I used to act.

My fingers unconsciously lifted to fiddle with the pretty locket around my neck, the previously mentioned gift. It just might be the best gift I've ever received and if Sasuke ever realizes just how much I cherish it, he might never let me hear the end of his teasing.

Ever since the day he gave it to me, I can't bring myself not to wear it. In an attempt to keep him from feeling weird about it, I typically keep it on the inside of my shirt. That being said, he's worn the watch I gave him everyday, too, and that makes me surprisingly happy.

Currently, the four of us are in the back of one of the agency's SUVs. We're on our way to the same building we recorded our first album's music videos to begin working on the ones for our second. This will be the first time we're recording without our mentor, Tenten, there to cheer us on and offer advice, so I'm a little nervous, but not so much that I can't manage.

After that first video where I almost passed out because of the unfamiliar makeup and revealing clothing, things got much easier. True to what I've mentioned before, if I'm left with no choice but to woman up and deal with it, I'm eventually able to overcome my shyness.

Tenten sent us all a lengthy text message wishing us luck this morning, apologizing that she's too busy to be here. She has a fundraising charity event to be present at all day today to raise money for Konoha's animal shelters.

I glanced over to see Sakura's eyes were dull and glazed over as she stared at the floorboard with a frown. Then I noticed that both Gaara and Sasuke were looking at her with expressions on their faces that likely matched my own to varying degrees. I knew it! I'm not the only one who thinks something is going on with her!

Before I could decide if I wanted to act on that discovery, our driver informed us we'd arrived. With one more glance at my pink-haired friend, I sighed softly and stepped out of the vehicle.

As my usual makeup artist, who I now know is named Maki, began preparing me for the shoot, I did my best not to anxiously fidget as my mind raced between my multiple worries. Luckily, Sakura seems to at least be feeling more comfortable with dancing than she was on Monday, when she yelled at Sasuke. She apologized to all of us again on Tuesday for the mishap even though none of us were holding it against her. It was obvious she wasn't feeling well and that probably had something to do with it.