Chapter 19

-Hinata's POV-

The moment I woke up the next morning, I knew the day was going to be a serious one. When Sakura and I met in the living room to do some quick yoga, the air was filled with a focused vibe. Today's the final day before our debut on LMC. It's our last full day as trainees.

There won't be a giant audience while we perform, but there'll be about two hundred people who'll include family members and friends of ours that made proper reservations, some LMC VIPs, along with the people at home watching live on their phones or televisions.

I know Sakura has her mother, her mom's boyfriend, and that asshole she said keeps trying to force himself on her. Gaara's brother and sister are supposed to be there. Sasuke also mentioned he had someone coming, but didn't go into detail on who it was. I suspected it was Itachi and secretly hoped not to run into him. The bachelor and I spoke on occasion during our families' events through the years and he's never once done something to cause me unease.

For some reason, I felt uncomfortable with the idea of Sasuke finding out I knew members of his family. If Itachi tells his little brother about having met me in the past, he might be tempted to look me up like I had him and most of the articles about me through the years were terrible. I'd be so humiliated if he learned how pathetic my life has been up until now. Either way, that's an issue for a later date. I only have Neji coming to support me. Yes, the fact that my sister and father aren't coming gets to me, but there isn't any time to feel sorry for myself. There's too much to do in preparation for our debut tomorrow.

I glanced over at Sakura as we stretched. Her new, more lengthy, hair was tied back into a high ponytail and her tired eyes were focused on the floor. She looked just as stressed as I felt. Regardless of our nervousness, we had to get through this final day of rehearsals with our best foot forward. We'll even be running a full set on the LMC stage at the end of the day to ensure a smooth show.

After finishing up and getting ready for practice, we met the guys in the same practice room where our dance practices are held. Waiting for us were Tenten, Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Kakashi. There was an odd, serious, aura about the room so we stood silent in front of them while we waited to be addressed.

Kakashi soon spoke with a stern expression on his face, "We need to have a chat."

My blood ran cold.

Are they canceling the show?

Did something happen?

My mind reeled with anxious questions. By the tone of his voice, we were obviously in trouble for something, but I couldn't figure out quickly enough what it could be.

He started pacing in front of us, back and forth, for a moment before continuing in a serious tone. His usually charming smile was nowhere in sight. "It's come to my attention that Prestige has been involved in an unusual amount of mischief in the past two weeks. While I was aware of a few things that happened, I've only recently been made aware of some others. I want you all to understand that I will not stand for misrepresentation of this agency. Do I make myself clear?"

We stood there, shocked as a group. Does he really believe that all the drama was our fault and not the Uzumaki family's? Despite our disagreeing with his words, we all nodded quickly in response to his statement, knowing it was better not to question the person in charge of our futures.

I could see where he was coming from as I tried to mentally put myself in his shoes. Even if everything wasn't our fault, we were still highly involved. If things like that kept happening after our debut and we end up being a successful group, the consequences would likely end up being severe and I'm sure he doesn't want to be the one dishing them out.