Chapter 29

-Hinata's POV-

It's warm. That's the first thought I had when I woke in the morning.

Last night's memories returned over the course of a minute or two and it became apparent that the warmth under my fingertips was coming from Kiba's skin. For a moment, I was too scared to open my eyes, but knew I shouldn't be.

My eyes opened and I was stunned further when they landed on bare abdominal muscles, my palm pressed flat against them. His hand was resting near mine. The comfortable warmth I was feeling abruptly became almost unbearably hot.

Worried I'd wake the handsome man I was shamelessly cuddled against, I remained as still as possible for multiple minutes as I watched his stomach rise and fall with each breath. Oh did he smell good, too. It wasn't an overtly artificial scent either.

Once I realized he wasn't moving and was likely still asleep, I hesitantly moved my hand a few inches. The feeling of his firm muscles against my palm made my stomach do weird things. A blazing wave of arousal sank down into my lower regions when I noticed the blanket was strewn messily lower, likely because he'd gotten hot and pushed it off, and his jeans had ridden lower on his hips.

The sound of my heart beating frantically fast pulsed in my ears and I sucked in a breath. Closing my eyes, I slowly let it go and tried to regain control of my emotions and body. As I exhaled, the muscles under my hand flexed slightly. I reopened my eyes to see Kiba's hand move on top of mine, fingers interlacing.

My eyes were wide and my breaths were short and quick as panic started to set in. Has he been awake this entire time? I was too anxious to move back so I could look up at his face.

"Just breathe, it's alright." His voice was deeper than usual since we'd only just woken up.

Humiliated, I squeezed my eyes tightly closed and pressed my forehead against his side. It was only then that I realized his arm was around me because he calmly pulled me more firmly against him. Multiple minutes passed before I finally managed to stave off the panic attack that'd threatened to disable me.

"I'm sorry."

His fingers released my hand and instead he pressed his entire palm against it, "Don't apologize. I should be thanking you for sharing your bed." It was silent between us for a moment while I continued to feel his torso move as he breathed.

"About last night, I hope I didn't accidentally take advantage of you being drunk."

I made a negating sound, opening my eyes to study the gill-like muscles that ran down his side where his ribs were, "I-I normally can't do things like that so easily, but I don't regret it."

Kiba grabbed my hand from his stomach and pulled it up to press his lips into my palm before holding it to his cheek as he let out a sigh of relief, "You'll be my girlfriend, then? I wanted to ask last night, but...well, you were there. You know what happened."

I finally gathered the courage to look up and his warm eyes moved down to meet my gaze. A frown tugged at my lips, "I-I can't date anyone publicly, Kiba. Please don't force yourself to accept that if you're not happy."

The arm around my waist moved to force me to roll slightly on top of him, earning a small squeak of surprise. He grinned, closing his eyes as he seemed to enjoy being cuddled, "I really don't care about that kind of thing."

My face warmed and I got out my other reservations while I had the chance, wanting him to be completely sure of what he was getting himself into, "A-And I'm super inexperienced. Last night...that's the most..." I trailed off, losing my nerve and burying my face in his chest as I got embarrassed.