Chapter 67

-Hinata's POV-

The very next day, Prestige went to the agency for vocal and dance lessons like always. What wasn't usual was the fact that Kakashi and Tenten arrived in the studio at the end of our practice with Sai and asked Sasuke and me to come to the CEO's office before leaving.

"Ooh, what'd you guys do?" Sakura taunted as she dabbed sweat from her forehead and grinned.

The Uchiha man and I glanced at one another, frowning. The only thing we've done wrong is date behind everyone's backs. If that's what this is about, we might be just minutes away from being dropped from Evolution Entertainment and subsequently tarnishing our careers.

When we both shrugged rather than verbally respond, Gaara offered in a reassuring tone, "Would you like us to wait up?"

Sasuke shook his head, "Nah, I can drive us back."

I've yet to purchase another vehicle since my wreck. In fact, I haven't driven a car at all. I guess I'm too afraid I'll have PTSD and freak out on the road, potentially putting myself and others in danger. So, at least for now, I'll be what I've often heard be referred to as a "passenger princess".

Those two and Sai offered their goodbyes, and then it was just my boyfriend and me taking a moment to mentally prepare ourselves for whatever was about to happen.

"S-Sasuke, if they-" "Just let me do the talking. Deny everything, Hyuuga." Despite the firm tone, the glint in his eye said he was also seriously concerned.

If we kept the CEO waiting too long, things would seem even more suspicious, so we reluctantly took the elevator downstairs and knocked on Kakashi's door. When Tenten let us in, we sat in two of the plush chairs before the silver-haired man's desk in silence. Our mentor stood beside where he sat with an unreadable expression.

Before I could decipher it, Kakashi broke the tension, "Have either of you seen this yet?"

He held up a magazine, one of the more popular tabloids in Konoha, famous for capturing their stories in not-so-professional ways. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach in dread. Right on the cover was a shot of Sasuke and me in his car at a stoplight. The title in bold letters said "More Than Just Bandmates".

Somehow, whoever captured the shot managed to do so from slightly above, so Sasuke's hand between my thighs was crystal clear; otherwise, we'd be able to say we were just out running errands as friends. The Uchiha man's mask was off, so there was no denying it was him, but luckily mine was still on. I also wore sunglasses, so my distinct eye color wasn't detectable. It still very much looked like me, though.

"Am I not allowed to date? What's the problem?"

Tenten's composure cracked, and she scoffed, "You can date, but not someone who could literally be Hinata's twin! What were you thinking?"

"I'll ask this only once because I trust you'll be honest: Hinata, is this you in the photo?" Kakashi interrupted whatever retort Sasuke was about to shoot at Tenten.

My hands were trembling, and my face felt hot. I knew I couldn't speak clearly, so I simply shook my head and tried to appear sincere.

"Well, that settles that, then. Let's get out of-" "Not so fast, Sasuke, sit back down." Tenten gestured wildly at him when he tried to hastily end this awkward meeting.

The room quieted for a long moment before Kakashi sighed and offered me a sympathetic frown, "I'm not sure if you've been online today, but this photo is trending everywhere. Sasuke's fans are not happy."

Brow furrowing, I managed to stutter out, "S-Sasuke's fans?"

He nodded, Tenten continuing, "Babe, they are attacking you on every social media outlet possible. I've never seen backlash this severe."