Chapter 73

-Hinata's POV-

Sasuke wouldn't let me leave the table without finishing my meal, and I washed away the discomfort with wine. The Uchiha man sat back in his chair, studying me over his glass. Squeezing my eyes closed, I tossed back the rest of mine before taking another bite.

With a red face, I spoke around the pasta, "Y-You don't have to stare like that."

The sound of liquid sloshing brought my gaze back, and I realized he'd refilled my glass and his. Something in his eye stopped me from commenting on it, and I sighed defeatedly, taking another bite. At least the alcohol made my anxiety fade, so my stomach was no longer queasy.

Even after the meal, we sat there and finished the bottle of wine. Once the last drop left my glass, I felt warm from the drink but barely tipsy. Sasuke left the table first, going into the bathroom to brush his teeth so we could get ready for bed.

I sat and stared at the empty plate before me with a frown.

He knew all along. I'm so ashamed. In his eyes, I've probably reverted back to that weak girl who fainted when we first met. He's right that I shouldn't let those posts bother me, too.

When Sasuke exited the bathroom, I took my turn freshening up. The moment I stepped out afterward, I froze. The Uchiha man was facing the bed, halfway through the process of undressing so he could put pajamas on.

Something put my body in motion, and then I was crossing the room with his name on my lips. Dark eyes turned onto me in surprise, but he met my kiss as smooth as butter without hesitation. I don't know if it was his honesty earlier or maybe the wine, but I suddenly felt ready for anything.

His tongue tasted of icy mint, but everything else about him was scorching hot. Long fingers slid my t-shirt off, parting us for a fraction of a moment. Then my back hit the bed. We moved in tandem until my head hit the pillows, and then I let my hands explore Sasuke's body freely, as though this was the first time all over again. And it felt like the first time, too.

Despite feeling frantic, the room's aura was slow and sensual. I couldn't keep my eyes closed, and it seemed he couldn't either. Half-lidded, dark irises locked onto me as his tongue slid around mine, leading the complicated dance. I reached beneath me with one arm, unhooking my bra and tossing it carelessly off the side of the bed.

We haven't connected like this before, not with this level of emotion.

His fingers tickled as they ran slowly down my body to my hips, where he hooked his fingers beneath the clothing there and began pulling them off. Our kiss parted as he tossed my pajamas away, and our eyes remained locked as he undressed the rest of the way before coming back between my arms and legs so I could kiss him again.

Every brush of his skin against mine set my soul aflame.

Minutes passed, both of us warming up further before our lips finally parted. Sasuke brushed his nose against mine, "Hina...." His tone was somewhere between tortured and adoring, making me fall even more in love with him than I already am. I returned the gesture, unable to tear my gaze away.

Understanding came to us.

Sasuke then dipped to press slow, passionate kisses into my neck while his hand slid between my legs to massage my most sensitive place. My fingers tangled in his hair and held onto his shoulder as my breathing picked up in response to his expertise.

After a moment, he came back up to meet my gaze. I nodded, realizing he was giving me the opportunity to back out. So, I watched as he lined himself up, one hand on my knee and the other on the bed near my waist.