Finale-Chapter 75

-Hinata's POV-

The following concerts went smoothly, and then we were on the bus and traveling back to Konoha for the final performance of our tour. Gaara asked if he could braid my hair out of boredom, and I sat on the floor in front of him, feeling giddy. Since he and Sakura started dating, he's been coming out of his shell more. A cute blush was still on his face when he'd asked, though.

Sakura and Sasuke were sitting across from me, scrolling through various social media apps on their phones while casually talking about what they thought Tenten would be like when we arrived at the concert venue.

Yahiko was sleeping on the top bunk, struggling the most with the tour because he gets road sick. The other members of Akatsuki were nearby, also lazing about on their phones. All seven of us were past the point of playing on-the-road games to pass the time because we'd already tried them all.

Personally, I'm responding to a mountain of texts and notifications from Ino, Tenten, Naruto, Matsuri, and Karin.

Suddenly, I realized Sakura's green eyes were locked on my face. So, I sat my phone on my lap and gave a quizzical look. She didn't leave me curious for long and spoke barely above a whisper so the Akatsuki men wouldn't overhear, "Hinata, are you feeling alright? You look thin."

Sasuke's eyes narrowed before darting onto me as well, then his gaze dropped to pretend to focus on his phone again.

Gaara's fingers stopped moving in my hair, and he leaned over to look at me wide-eyed. His calm voice was concerned as he said, "It's true. You're a little pale, too. Did you catch Sasuke's cold, maybe?"

I waved dismissively, "I-I've been dieting, but it's nothing to worry about. I'm alright." The tour's been so hectic that none of us have sat down to eat as a group, so he and Sakura likely haven't noticed my lack of appetite lately.

"Are you sure? You're not feeling sick?" I nodded at Sakura reassuringly, and she sighed, "Well, I think you should still take it easy after the concert, just in case."

I silently agreed, if only to appease her. Gaara returned to braiding my hair without another word on the subject.

Outwardly, I kept up my composed facade, but inwardly I felt sick to my stomach. I can't please the public without losing weight, and I can't lose weight without concerning my friends. It's like I just can't win no matter what I do.

Almost an hour later, Gaara was finished perfecting the French-braided pigtails he put into my hair. It was already dark outside, so I moved to my feet to turn in for the night. To my surprise, the moment I rose, all the blood in my face drained, and an unfamiliar shaky feeling came to my limbs. A hand wrapped firmly around my arm, and I looked over to see Sasuke glaring at me.

Frowning, I shook his hold off and dizzily mumbled, "I-I'm fine."

I collapsed onto the nearest bunk with my back turned to everyone so they couldn't see the terrified expression on my face. I've fainted dozens of times in my life, but it's never felt like that. Was Deidara right? Is it because I haven't been eating properly? I have to be more careful from now on. I'll have to force myself to eat even if it makes me nauseous.

Warmth enveloped me when I awoke in the middle of the night. When I opened my eyes, Sasuke was lying on his side when I opened my eyes, frowning at me in silence.

Tears welled in my eyes because I knew what he wanted to say, "Stop it, Sasuke."

He ran a hand down my body until it reached my thigh, where he maneuvered my leg up over his hip so he could pull me closer, "Don't be an idiot and hurt yourself, Hinata."