Chapter 5

This chapter's song: Man On The Moon by Benjamin Ingrosso/Alan Walker

Thanks for reading!

All of us sitting at the table looked at the new arrival in disbelief. Sasuke Uchiha had arrived. He appeared to have showered and cleaned up a bit before deciding to join us. Why did he bother rudely rejecting our invitation if he planned on showing up anyway? Is it because he wanted to freshen up so he could impress Sakura's friend?

Ino, who's by far the most successful out of anyone at the table, needed no other queue to lean forward with her chin resting on her hand and a smile on her red lips, "You must be Sasuke. I'm Ino."

Her voice was more sultry than before and the way she was leaning slightly forward made her breasts push against her low cut dress for Sasuke's appraisal. He didn't bother hiding that he was checking her out, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Gone was the blunt and abrasive Sasuke. Instead, this man was flirty and charming. It's like he's a different person altogether!

I glanced over to see the normally passive Gaara leering at Sasuke in annoyance. Does everyone have to have beef with each other all the time?

Ino allowed Sasuke to take her hand and kiss it, but growled when Sakura yanked her ponytail and hissed, "That's my bandmate, you hoe! Off limits!"

Gaara, Sasuke, and I all held similar looks of shock. There's no way an esteemed model such as Ino Yamanaka would take kindly to being teased.

Said blonde instantly turned to pinch Sakura's cheek and made a face before erupting in amused laughter, "Sakura, you're such a cockblock!"

My face warmed instantly. I'm very unfamiliar with sayings like that for obvious reasons, but I didn't want the others to know the extent of how inexperienced I am so I started sipping on the water that was placed in front of me to try and calm the nerves. Now I understand why Gaara had been focusing on his drink so steadily a few minutes ago.

Sakura slapped the girl's hand away before the two erupted in a fit of laughter. They were interrupted when the food arrived. We ate while talking about random stuff. Well, Ino and Sakura did most of the talking, with Sasuke commenting here and there while Gaara and I silently observed.

After a few hours of hanging out, Ino was starting to get a little tipsy because she hadn't been sipping on water the whole time. It made sense because she's twenty-one and gives off the vibe of a party girl.

We decided it'd be best to head back before it got dark so we could avoid getting a talking to from Kakashi. Once our bill was split and paid appropriately (finally putting use to those Hyuga credit cards), we followed the two giggly girls outside where they hugged and exchanged goodbyes before Ino's bodyguard pulled up in a large SUV and the blonde girl was gone.

Sakura hailed us a cab in a similar way as before and soon we were seated in a very uncomfortable silence. Gaara was forced to sit in the front while Sakura, Sasuke, and I sat in the back. The driver was a middle aged man who seemed to sense the awkward air and kept quiet.

Sakura wasted no time trying to talk to Sasuke, "I thought you didn't want to come?" The dark haired young man rolled his eyes, the friendly demeanor vanishing as soon as our seat-belts had clicked, "Don't be stupid. We need to be seen together pre-debut, as a group. It gives our future fans something to look back at."

That was the weakest attempt at an excuse I've probably ever heard. He likely wanted to see what kinds of friends Sakura had. The way he acted toward Ino as soon as he arrived pretty much confirmed that theory.