Chapter 48

-Hinata's POV-

We tried texting and calling Sakura, Gaara, and even Kisame and Deidara in hopes one would respond and come let us inside, but none of them did. Either everyone's pranking us or the signal is worse than I thought under that thick metal roof. It was too risky to try anyone else because they might get the wrong idea if they find he and I out here by ourselves.

With nothing left to do but wait, I sat back down on the top step and sighed in defeat as I leaned down slightly to wrap my arms around myself. The winter wind was biting at every inch of my skin. If I'd known we'd be locked out, I would've grabbed a coat or at least a hat.

A humorless laugh came from Sasuke and I turned my head to look at him, only to be surprised to see him sit before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me against his side. My eyes widened as my cheek pressed against his chest, warmth rising to my face despite the bitter cold. Chancing a glance up at his face, I realized he was glaring out at the empty employee parking lot before us with his mouth in a firm line.

Deciding to just bite the bullet and be brave, I wrapped my arms around him as best as I could in our seated position. The Uchiha man became rigid in my embrace for a short moment before accepting it and pulling me up to sit across his lap.

A squeak of shock passed my lips at his sudden movement, but he silenced it by stunning me further with a soft kiss. I desperately tried to meet his gaze, but his eyes were shut. The butterflies in my stomach were fluttering around wildly, an intense excited feeling rising in my chest, but I forced my own to shut and made myself lean further into his affection.

The other night, when we drunkenly made out, I hadn't imagined it. The warm feeling kissing Sasuke brought was just as comforting as it was arousing. It made me want to do things I've never dreamt of while also tempting me to run far away because the sensations are more intense than anything I've felt in my life.

Even with my eyes tightly closed, he's gorgeous.

My fingers danced up to hesitantly caress his jaw.

God, he smells so good.

I tucked my feet under his legs and twisted my spine slightly so my chest was almost facing him. It didn't take long for me to feel a bit warmer, or maybe it was just hard to focus on the cold when such a man was doing all he could to be a distraction.

He paused a second longer than before and my eyes crept open just a creak to see he was doing the same, then he kissed me again, this time slipping his tongue slightly past my lips before pulling away a bit to verify if I was going to allow it. My eyes widened just a bit more in surprise and he mirrored the act, but pressed against my lips again and I didn't stop him when he went for it this time.

A hitch interrupted my breath when his tongue moved slowly around mine, urging me to interact with him, and my brow furrowed, but I closed my eyes and made myself fulfill his wordless request.

Sasuke tastes good. There's nothing to compare it to, either.

The heat in my face continued to heat as the kiss gradually became less hesitant until a familiar fuzzy, clouded sensation began to arise within my head. Long fingers crawled up my back to hold the back of my head, tangled in my hair, to prevent me from pulling away as he undoubtedly picked up on my rising panic. The heartbeat pounding against my ribcage felt like it was about to burst through, it was pumping so hard.

Just before it seemed like too much to handle, he slowed down. His tongue slid out of my mouth, but he continued to press chaste kisses into my lips as though he wasn't ready to stop but didn't want me to faint.