𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗹 ❤︎

(Part two)

You exited Fury's office after handing him the USB, with all the information. In all honesty, you were surprised you weren't limping out of his office, due to the the pain you were in.

You looked straight ahead, seeing Maria talking to some blonde agent. You weren't sure who she was, but it kind of made your heart sting looking at the two of them smiling together.

Of course, being the person you were, you chose to approach them and maybe attempt to steal Maria away for a little bit.

"Hey Maria, could I borrow you for a second?" You asked, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Hm, give me a momen-"

"It's urgent." You cut her off. She sighed, before looking over to the blonde agent, signalling her to leave. You almost forgot how much power she had, as Fury's second in command.

"This better be important Y/N." She warned.

"Woah, cool it. Who peed in your coffee, agent Hill?" You joked. You never really used formalities towards Maria. So whenever you did, she'd know you were just joking around.

"I just wanted to remind you-"

"You're bleeding." She pointed out, eyeing your blood stained suit.

"Again? These medics can't even stitch up a bullet wound." You joked, but in reality you were in serious pain.

"I can. Follow me." She ordered, walking us out of the ICT rooms. She pressed a button on the elevator and the both of you walked in.

"..."

"Soo.. where are we going exactly?"

"To my floor."

"You have a whole damn floor?!" You exclaimed, looking at Maria's amused look. "Actually, I'm not even surprised. You are Fury's second in command, right?" You joked.

Maria nodded, stifling a laugh, before the elevator door opened, revealing and expensive looking condo.

"Let's go stitch up that wound." She ordered, walking into what you assumed was a bathroom. You followed.

Maria picked you up, almost as if you were weightless, placing you on top of her bathroom counter.

"I'll be honest, this might hurt." She admitted, before you felt the pain of a cold needle piercing into your skin.

"Ow! What the fuck!" You grunted.

"I did warn you." She shrugged.

After three minutes of hell, Maria re-bandaged your wound, way more firm and professionally then what the medics could've done.

"You can open you eyes now. I've finished." She whispered.

Your eyes slowly opened, to see Maria putting everything back in her cabinets and you sat there watching her in a comfortable silence.

"..."

"Y'know.." You started, but stopped.

"I know..?" Maria replied, signalling you to continue.

"We did make a deal before my mission.." You reminded her, looking down.

Maria only sighed, inching towards you. "You're impossible." She whispered, before her soft lips connected with yours. You held the kiss until you both had to pull away to breathe.

"Happy now?" She asked.

You sat speechless as she continued to put away her stuff.