𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗻𝗶𝗮 ❤︎

𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗻𝗶𝗮 / 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴.

A/N: I'm back y'all, sorry I took so long to update. Lost inspiration but it's back now, so expect at least five one shots today and tomorrow.

It was currently three in the morning, in the avengers compound. You've been an Avenger for roughly seven months. During those months, you've gotten to know all the avengers individually.

For the earths mightiest hero's, they happened to be the most humbled people you've ever met. You knew almost everything about them, and everyone knew almost everything about you. Apart from the fact that you had insomnia.

Which leaves you in the scenario you were in right now, currently tossing and turning for the hundredth time, in order to get to sleep. You weren't surprised it didn't work.

You're attempts to sleep, just ended in late walks to the kitchen. You flicked the switch , automatically hissing at the amount of light that entered your tired eyes.

Taking a seat on one of the stalls next the the counter, you heard someone clearing their throat. You grabbed a small pocket knife, hidden deep in your hoodie and turned around to see the shadow emerge from the corner of the room.

Maria Hill.

"This is the most secured compound in New York. You can put the knife down." She joked.

You looked down in embarrassment, flicking the pocket knife down, and back into your pocket.

"So, any reason why you're up at three in the morning?" She wondered, tilting her head.

"I just came to get a cup of water." You lied. She could probably already notice you were lying. Maria could easily read you like a book, and that's what you hated about her.

"Hence why you were sitting on a stall, no cup of water in your hands?"

"I already drank some water. I just zoned out." You lied again.

Maria furrowed her eyebrows, walking towards the sink.

"The sink is dry, none of the cups are wet, therefore you didn't drink water." She stated. You hated how smart she was. She wouldn't let the littlest thing slide.

You sighed, knowing that no secret could get passed her. Even if she decided to let it go, she'd probably just look at your file and find out you have insomnia regardless.

"Fine. I've just been struggling to sleep recently, okay? It's not that important." You confessed.

"Recently, or frequently." She asked. You didn't respond, but she already knew the answer. You continued to look down at the floor.

"Follow me." Maria ordered. You looked up at her confused and she just rolled her eyes. "Please?" She pleaded. You caved in and followed her.

After a few turns, she opened her door revealing her room, walked in and sat on her bed. She patted a spot on her bed next to her, signalling you to sit. You did.

"Wait here." She ordered. You sat on her bed, waiting patiently, until she reappeared with spare sleep wear. "Thought it might help. It's hard to sleep in uncomfortable clothing." She explained, staring at your hoodie and jeans.

After changing into something more comfortable, Maria laid you down in her bed, holding you tightly. You settled into her warm touch and scent, as she wrapped her arms around your waist. You finally fell asleep peacefully, for the first time in months.

A/N: woskdkwksjdje this one was so fluffy, I'm so proud of my self. *self pat on the back* I'll update more today, adios. :) <3