𝗚𝗮𝘆 ❤︎

Nervous would be an understatement, for how you were feeling right now. You walked through the halls, as Maria led you to Fury's office.

"Don't worry, babe. They're not going to eat you alive or anything." She joked, pressing on a button, then typing in a six digit code.

A metallic door parted open, revealing an intimidating man with an eyepatch, sitting at his office desk.

"Y/N, L/N. I've heard a lot about you." Fury informed, with an unreadable look.

"I hope only good things." You joked. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Likewise. Maria speaks very.. Highly of you."
He exposed, looking towards a now very red Maria Hill.

Clearing his throat in attempt to change the subject, Fury stood up from his chair. "I think it's time for you, to meet the team." You gulped in response.

After a five minute elevator ride, and a few hallway walks, you found yourself outside a similar metal door to Fury's. Maria could only drop you off by the door, since she had work to do.

So here you were, practically shitting yourself behind the door of the Avengers.

You finally found the courage to open the door, and instantly regretted it. All the Avengers were sat waiting on you. You felt like digging up a hole and jumping into it, for at least two weeks.

"Hi.. I'm- um, Y/N. The new Avenger. Nice to finally meet you all." You waved and awkwardly smiled.

After many introductions, you found out everyone's names and capabilities. You felt more, and more comfortable with the Avengers, after every conversation.

"So, Y/N. How about I show you around sometime?" Tony offered, with a smirk and a wink. You didn't want to seem mean, but you were loyal to Maria.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Tony." You politely declined. He didn't seem too bummed about it, so you felt less bad.

After settling in, Bruce showed you to your room. Turns out, that yours was across from his. He also asked you out, but you politely declined once again.

It came down to the point where you had to tell the guys that you were gay, for them to get the memo.

You were in the kitchen making a sandwich, when Natasha approached you. "Really? A peanut butter sandwich?" She joked.

You laughed, taking a bite out of your sandwich and nodded.

Y'know.. if you want to, there's a Shawarma joint nearby." She shrugged.

"I appreciate the offer, but no thanks, Nat. I probably should've said that I have a girlfriend. Not sure if you know her. Maria Hill?" You noted.

"Oh shi-"