That one L word

Thursday

Trevor pov

Tomorrow is the day of the state championship. Mads just won a championship with the volleyball team a week ago. I was so happy for her. She is still on Cloud 9 about it.

"I really hope that the team wins the championship." Quan says. I just nod my head. I'm way to deep in thought. I'm so nervous about the championship but at the same time I'm excited. I also want to tell Madison that I love her. It's just a lot going on right now.

"Are u good, bro?" Daequan asks.

"W-what?" I ask confused.

"I looked like u were thinking about something. What's going on?" He asks sitting next to me on the bed.

"It's just that I'm nervous about state since it's my second time starting at quarterback. It's like a lot of pressure." I tell him.

"Don't worry, Trevor. The pressure is on the whole team. It's not all on you. I'm right here to help you." He says. I take a deep breath.

"I also want to tell Madison how I feel." I tell him.

"I thought y'all was together already." He says. My brother can be such an idiot.

"Yeah, dumbass. I mean that I want to tell her that I love her." I tell him. Quan jumps off the bed.

" You love Madison?" He says.

"Of course. I just said that. It just that I'm scared." I tell him.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because it's so hard to tell u and Mom that I love y'all. It's going to be 10 times harder to tell her." I say.

"Don't stress too much about it. U will be fine." He says. Daequan is probably right. I might be overthinking it.

Madison pov

I'm helping Lucas pack for the state championship. They have to travel to Orlando for the game. I'm going so I can support my boyfriend and my brother. My brother has committed to the University of Oregon so he's going to be far away.

"Should I bring these cleats or these?" He asks.

"The white ones." I tell him. Once we finish packing his suitcase, I start packing my suitcase when my phone rings.

"Hello." I answer.

"Hey, babe." Trevor says distressed.

"What's wrong? U sound stressed." I ask.

"The championship is tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I'm scared that I will mess up and I might not get any offers." He says.

"Baby, you are going to be perfectly fine. Don't stress about it. I know you are going to do good." I tell him.

"Why are u so sure?" He asks.

"Trev, you have been doing amazing this season. You will be perfectly fine at the championship." I tell him. He starts to calm down and w talk for a few minutes before we go to bed.

The day before the state championship in Orlando

I'm in my hotel room when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and see Trevor. He picks me up and hugs me.

"Hi." He says as he kicks the door closed.

"Hi." I say back. He leans in and kisses me on the lips.

"I missed you." He says. I blush.

"I missed you too, baby." I say. He puts me down gently.

"You are so lucky to have a room to yourself." He says laughing.