Yes or No

Madison pov

I am still trying to soak this all in. Trevor just asked me to homecoming. I can't believe it! This is why he didn't want to tell me who he was asking. Then, I remember that I have to give Trev an answer.

"Yes yes yes!" I say as I run and give him a big hug. This doesn't feel real. Am I dreaming?

"I was so scared when you didn't say anything." Trevor says.

"I'm sorry. I was just surprised." I say laughing. I'm so happy right now. Trevor and I break out of the hug.

"Maddie, I can't believe it!" Elena says.

"I know right! Am I dreaming?" I say. It feels like I'm living in a fairytale. I have to say this again. My popular best friend that I like asked me homecoming. Out of all the girls in the school, he chose me.

"Girl, you are definitely not dreaming. Now, I'm going to go back tho the cafeteria so I can finish lunch." Elena says. Messiah and Carlos followed her back too.

"Why did you choose me, Trev?" I ask.

"You deserve it. You're my best friend and you never left my side. I want to go to homecoming with you, Mads. Not anyone else. I don't see myself going to homecoming with anyone else but you." He says smiling. Oh my gosh!!!!!!! I know that I'm smiling like an idiot right now. I can't with Trevor. He's too nice.

"You really mean that?" I ask blushing.

"Of course." he says.

"Oh, Trevor!!!!!" Nia yells. Nia is one of the popular girls at our school. She has been trying to get with Trevor ever since last year, which was sophomore year. He picks me up and runs toward the boy's locker room.

"No one's in here, so you good." he says. I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding.

"Trevor, I just wanna ask if you are asking me to homecoming!!!!!" Nia yells from a mile away.

"Hell nah. I already asked my person." he whispers to hisself. I'm his person. I just noticed that Trev never put me down yet, but I honestly don't mind. I hear Nia walk closer to where we were.

"Did you lock the door, T?" I ask.

"Yeah." he says.

"Do you always run from girls?" I ask.

"About 3 times a week. That's what I get from being popular. You lucky." he says. Nia starts knocking on the door and I clutch tighter to Trevor.

"I know you are in there, Trevor. I heard you." she says.

"Damnit. I'll be back." Trevor says as he put me down. He walks out the door so he can talk to Nia.

Trevor pov

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want you?" I ask Nia.

"Never because I want you." She says as she tries to kiss me. I push her away.

"What the hell, Nia! Can you please stop?!??! I don't want you!" I say yelling. I try not to show my emotions too much especially when Mads is around. Even though she's in the locker room, she doesn't like when I get mad and I know she can hear this loud and clear.

"Come on Trev Trev. We can be the most popular couple in the school." Nia says.

"No, Nia. I don't want that. Stop trying to force it." I say as I try to calm down.

"But Trevor-"

"No." I cut her off.

"Fine whatever." She says as she rolls her eyes and walk away. I walk back into the locker.

"You okay?" Mads asks.

"I could be better. I just hate when Nia tries to force me into a relationship with her." I say as Madison gives me a hug. Our height difference is 7 inches. She's 5'8 and I'm 6'3 so I can put my head on top of hers.

"It will be okay, T. Don't let her get to your head." She tells me. Mads is right. I have practice today and I don't need distractions like Nia to mess me up.

At practice

Messiah and I are working on this slant route when Coach pulls me aside.

"Did she say yes?" Coach ask. I had to get his permission so that I could use the football field.

"Yes." I tell him.

"That's great." He says.

"I really like her, Coach." I tell him smiling.

"I know. I see the glow in your eyes when you talk about her. The way you look at her and how you act around her. Trust me, I know, Trevor." Coach says. How long did he know this. Did I make it that obvious? I nod my head and go back to practicing slants with Messiah.

One Hour Later

I am sitting at my Xbox playing NBA 2k with Carlos.

"Bro, I said pick and roll, not pick and fade." I tell him through the headset.

"My bad, bro." he says. C sucks at 2k. That's why I always play with Messiah.

"You suck ass at 2k." I tell C.

"I know....don't remind me." He says. Luckily, we won the game.

"You seriously need tips from Messiah." I tell him.

"I know, Trev." Carlos say. When we got off, I started to edit my video so I can post on YouTube Sunday. I don't need to shop for homecoming because I have something that I can wear. I stayed up to 2 am editing before I went to sleep.