The Question

Friday at school

Madison pov

I am currently in English trying to keep my eyes open. My teacher is talking about Shakespeare again. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn so I can face Trevor. I am so glad that I sit next to him in this class.

"Are you tired?" he whispers.

"Nah. This class is just boring as hell." I tell him. He has to hold in his laugh so we won't get in trouble.

"Don't say funny stuff unless you want us to get in trouble." he says.

"Then, don't act like this class is fun." I tell him. I shift a little in my seat. It is always cold in this classroom. I always bring a hoodie instead of a jacket for this class because it's always cold.

"You cold?" Trev asks.

"Yeah." I say shivering.

"You can wear my hoodie." he says as he reaches to pull it off.

"But, won't you be cold?" I ask.

"Nah, I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt." he says. He pulls the hoodie off and helps me put it on.

"Thanks." I say. Trev is so nice and his hoodies are very cozy. These are the reason why my feelings are so strong for Trev. After this class, I go to my graphic design class. As I am walking to calculus, Carlos stopped me.

"Hey, Maddie." Carlos said.

"Hey C, what's up?" I ask.

"Trevor has been a little off today. Do you know why?" he ask. Carlos isn't wrong. T has been acting weird.

"Nah, I was planning on asking you and Messiah about it. Does Messiah know?" I ask.

"I'm going to ask him at lunch. I don't share any class with him before." he says.

"Ok, but you are right about Trevor acting a little off. He seems very nervous and on edge about something." I say. It can't be a football game because the team doesn't have one today.

"I know right. I thought that I was the only one that noticed. Anyways, I got to get to class. I'll see you later." Carlos says. I wave bye and start to walk to my class. I wonder what has Trevor so nervous. Was he asking someone out to homecoming? Why would he be nervous about that though? Whoever he is asking out to homecoming will be a lucky girl.

Lunch

"And girl, Messiah bumped into the waiter but luckily the waiter catched the food before he fell and.....Are you even paying attention?" Elena asks.

"No wait yea." I say as I stared at the table where Trevor and his friends would usually sit. They are not there. Well, they are not in the cafeteria at all.

"Maddie, who are you looking for?" Elena ask.

"Trevor, Messiah, and Carlos are not in here." I tell her. They usually sit at the same table everyday and they don't go out for lunch.

"Don't worry. They might have left for lunch." Elena says.

Football Field

Trevor pov

"Why did you drag us out here, Trev?" Messiah complains.

"Yeah, I'm hungry and I wanted to eat lunch. Also, why are you recording?" Carlos asks.

"I'll get to that, but here's y'all lunch before I get attacked." I say as I hand them food. I'm very nervous about what I am going to do.

"Now, why did you drag us out here and recording with your camera?" Messiah asks.

"I need y'all help with asking Madison to homecoming." I say quickly.

"Bro, that's so cool. I bet you are shaking in your boots right now!" Carlos say. He's not wrong. I'm seriously shaking in my boots. It could be because I like her or she could possibly say no.

"What do we need to do?" Messiah asks.

"I want y'all to put these rose petals in the shape of a heart. It doesn't have to be too big, but big enough for me to stand in the middle." I tell them. I grab my camera and set it up so it can face Messiah and Carlos as they set up the rose petals. Why rose petals? Madison's favorite flowers are roses especially white roses which are the ones that I have. I want this to be perfect. I walk over to Messiah and Carlos so I can help them. About 15 minutes later, we finish.

"Yo, Trev! Is this good?" Carlos ask. I study our work.

"It's perfect. Now, I just need you guys to get her from the cafeteria. If Elena wants to come, she can." I tell them. They nod their heads and walk off.

"I'm so fucking nervous." I mumbled to myself. I spent hours after school working on this sign to make sure that it's perfect. I'm trying to think positive, but there is always a voice in the back of my head. What if she says no? I'm not doing it in front of the whole school, but what if someone saw? Why is it so hard to ask Madison to homecoming? I asked my ex-girlfriend last year and I wasn't this nervous. What is going on with me ?!?!

Cafeteria

Madison pov

Elena was talking about something she saw at a store when Messiah and Carlos walked up to the table.

"Hey, babe." Elena tells Messiah.

"Hey." he says as he gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Trevor wants you to meet him at the football field." Carlos say. Why is he at the football field? It's not like they have practice or a game today. I'm not going to question it though.

"Ok." I say.

"Can I come?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, sure." Messiah say. As we walked to the cafeteria, I walk in the back of the crowd.

"You ok?" ask Elena.

"No, I'm nervous." I say honestly. I have no idea what Trevor could possibly want.

"Don't worry. It will be fine." Elena says. I know Elena is probably right, but you never know. I mean he can't be mad at me. We was just talking this morning.

"Maddie, you should walk in front of us." Carlos says.

"Ok." I say nervously. I really hope this isn't anything serious. When I walk up to the football field, I felt so many emotions. I can't even describe how I am feeling right now.

"Will you go to homecoming with me?" Trevor asks. I need a minute to soak this all in. My best friend that I like asked me to homecoming.