The Practice

Trevor pov

It's now time for practice which is something that I usually look forward to. I'm dreading it since Coach is really upset about losing state. While I am waiting for practice to start, I decided to text Madison. She has practice today but it starts a little bit later since they won state.

Me: Hey Mads, just wanted to check on you and see how you was doing.

Mads😜 That's nice of you :) I'm doing pretty good! I am soooo excited for practice How about u?

Me: I'm not looking forward to practice......ik that Coach is hungry for a ring and i feel like there is a lot on my plate

Mads 😜 don't worry about that.....your coach is probably proud that u guys came close to winning and there's not a lot on your plate Everyone else feels the same...ik Lucas does so remember that u are in this with your team

Me: Thanks Mads, I'm so grateful to have a friend like you.

"Yo, it's time for practice." Messiah said.

Me: gtg ttyl

Time for hell to start. "I want to talk to you guys today!" yelled Coach. "Oh shit, what did we do now?" whispered Carlos. I really wasn't paying attention to Coach but I know he said something about being disappointed in us and that we are going to work 10 times more than we did last year. "We worked our asses off last year" mumbled Lucas. Lucas is a pretty good player and works pretty hard. Coach doesn't really like him but has no choice but to play him since he is so good. I mean he does have about 30 D1 offers. "I want you guys to run up and down the field 15 times!" yelled Coach.

2 hours later

I'm so exhausted from practice. Coach literally has no mercy. We worked our asses off all summer but that's not enough for him. As I lay across the floor, my phone beeps.

Mads 😜 just wanted to see how practice went :) if i had to guess, not so good since Luc hasn't left his room since he came back

Me: Practice was hell......we ran so many times :( we only touched balls for like an hour

Mads 😜 that does sound pretty bad

Me: how was practice for u?

Mads 😜 it was pretty good! we only ran for 5 minutes.......Coach didn't want to go too hard on us since we was practicing all summer

Me: I wish our Coach can do that :( anyways I got some homework I gotta do

Mads 😜 ttyl

Madison is one of the easiest people to talk to. She always listens to me and gives good advice. I mean what else do you need in a friend? Anyways, I need to start on my homework before it gets too late. I'll just do it on the floor since I really don't want to get up. I can't wait for tomorrow! I will get to hang out with my best friend Madison. I'm pretty excited for it but I'm also nervous. Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be nervous. I'm not the type to be nervous. Is Daequan right? Do I like Mads? I guess I will see tomorrow. I really need to do my homework while I'm thinking about my problems.