TWENTY-ONE

Brian pulled up undernesth an overpass before getting out of the car. Reyna let out a breath before turning to Dominic, "Are you good?" Dominic nodded with soothing smile, "Yeah, you?" Reyna nodded before the two of them climbed out of the car that belonged to Braga. Brian pulled out his phone to make a call as Reyna and Dominic leaned against the car watching him. "Talk to me, O'Connor. Where the hell have you been?" Penning questions Brian once he answered the phone. "I got the shipment," Brian responded instantly though Penning's response worried him, "'I got the shipment' or 'we got the shipment'?" Brian lifted his head to look at Dom and Reyna.

"What are you talking about?" Brian asks him as he turns away from the two people he cared about. "Traffic cams in the area picked up pictures of you, Reyna Roshani and Dominic Toretto together," Penning answers him, "Listen to me, O'Connor. Bring in the shipment and bring me Roshani and Toretto." Brian let out a breath, "But I thought the point was to get Braga. We got an opportunity here," Reyna leaned her head on Dominic's arm as she listened to Brian talk to whoever he was talking to. "Brian, the clock stopped ticking. Bring them in, are we clear?" Penning orders Brian who notices a blood trail leading from the passenger side to the trunk.

Brian hung up the phone before following the trail to find Dom and Reyna looking through the cases. "So this is what sixty million looks like," Dom says as they look at the packs of cocaine, Brian noticed the blood dripping from Reyna's jacket and was instantly worried. "Yeah, Reyna... We need to get you to a doctor," Brian says causing Dominic to look at Reyna confused before he notices the hole in her shoulder making him sigh, "Rey..." She shrugged him off before speaking, "We got to find a place to hide this." She could hardly feel the pain at the moment, She needed to finish the job.

Brian and Dominic shared a look knowing how hard it will be to convince her otherwise. "I know a spot," Brian says before they climbed into the car, Brian taking them to the stations impound lot. "502, wet reckless. I need a 48-hour hold," Brian tells the guy at the gate who didn't seem like he wanted to be there as he responded, "Out back. Any spot you can find." Brian parked the car and the three of them climbed out of the car. "You sure about this?" Dom asks as they step away from the car.

Brian turned to Dominic, "Yeah. The last place they'll check is their own impound yard. Trust me." He smiled as they started walking until he turned to Reyna, "You know, I've been thinking. When you blew up your car back there, you blew up mine too." Reyna smiled at him as he smirked, "Yeah?" He nodded at her as Dom smiled at the two of them. "Yeah. So now you owe me a 10-second car," Brian responded back causing her to laugh quietly at Brian as she enjoyed their playful banter again. "Is that right?" Reyna asks him playfully before walking over to a car before busting the window with her elbow and unlocking it, "Now, we're even."

•┈┈┈••✦🚘✦••┈┈┈•

Reyna, Brian and Dominic had taken the car and decided to hide out in an abandoned building. "Is this your way of keeping me away from them?" Mia asks as Brian opened the door for her, he smiled sheepishly as he stepped to the side, "You're the only one I could call." She sighs as she stepped inside, "They're my family, of course." She made her way over to Dom, pulling him into a hug before hugging Reyna. She uncovered Reyna's wound, "The bullet's not in there. I'm going to clean it and stitch it up. It's going to hurt."

Reyna smiled at Mia, "I bet you're going to enjoy this." Mia laid the supplies out before looking up at Reyna, "A little." She smirked at her before she gets to work stitching up Reyna's shoulder. After she is done fixing up Reyna's bullet wound, they all gathered around the table to eat. "Want some of this?" Mia asks Dominic as she held up some food. "Yeah," Dom answers looking at what Mia is holding who warned him about it being spicy. "I like it hot," Dom says as he puts some on his plate before taking a bite.