FIVE

Reyna spent hours putting the decal on the car while Leon and Dom work on setting up the NOS. The car was finally coming to a completion and they were all pretty happy with how it was turning out, after they were done Leon and Reyna left Dom and Letty alone in the garage. Reyna was sitting at a cafe drinking a latte when Brian walked in taking a seat across from her.

Reyna leaned back as Brian rested his head in his hands, "What's up Brian?" Reyna questioned making him look up at her, "We busted Tran..." Reyna's eyes widened before she closed her eyes to take a deep breath, "Brian..." He sighed at her stern tone before leaning back in his seat, "Why'd you have to say what you did?" Reyna looked up at Brian after he said that.

She finished her latte and stood from the seat, "Because Brian... Mia cares about you, Dom is starting to like you, Leon, Letty and Jesse are impressed by you and despite Vince's behaviour, he's happy to see a smile on Mia's face." Reyna made her way up to the counter paying for her drink before walking out towards her car. Brian grabbed her arm and turned her to him, "What about you?" Reyna stayed silent before letting out a breath, looking up at Brian again before climbing into her car and driving away.

Reyna had to think that through, what did Brian mean to her? She wasn't too sure. She knew that Brian reminds her of Benny between the Imports and the way he holds himself. But Reyna knew, in a sense, that she was betraying her family by not saying anything and she hated herself for it. Reyna knew Mia cared deeply about Brian, hell the girl probably loved him by now but Dominic would be furious. Reyna didn't know what to do but one thing was for certain, she had to tell Dominic soon before things fall apart.

•┈┈┈••✦🚘✦••┈┈┈•

The next day, the team besides Vince - as expected - is at the garage. They all have finished building the car, the whole team admired the orange beauty with proud smiles. "You ready for this?" Letty asks as Brian, Reyna and Dominic got into the car. "Let's see what this baby's got," Reyna spoke joyfully making Brian, Dom and Letty chuckle. They started up the car, the engine purred to life sending chills down Reyna's arms. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as she listens to the engine growl, her stomach filled with butterflies; the same feeling she's only gotten from the sound of an engine and winning a race.

The three of them were driving around testing the car in case of anything. As they come up to the red light, they pulled up next to a Ferrari making Reyna smirk knowing their car would be faster purely because Brian's a good driver. Brian looked out to the Ferrari driver, "Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?" Brian asks getting a sneer from the other driver, "More than you can afford, pal." Reyna and Dom shared a look before Dom looked at Brian, "Smoke him." Reyna smirked as she got comfortable in her seat.

As soon as the light turned green, both cars took off with their engines revving. The cars stay side by side until there are two cars in front of them, Brian weaved through the traffic in the other lane before they ended up beside the Ferrari again in front of the two cars. Brian quickly took the lead, leaving the Ferrari in dust which made Reyna cheer causing Brian and Dominic to laugh. "Now that is what I call classic traffic racing, uncommon but worth the thrill." Reyna cheered getting nods of agreement from both men.

They pulled up to a restaurant and as they climbed out of the car, the Ferrari finally drove past them which only made Reyna smile more. Dom placed his arm around Reyna as they made their way inside, sitting down comfortably at a table. "So, what's wrong, Brian?" Dom asks as Brian played around with his shrimp. "Nothing, man, I'm fine," Brian responded as Reyna leaned back in her seat, full from eating her own food that she'd basically scoffed down.

Dom looked at Reyna before looking back at Brian, "We both can see that something's off." Brian glanced at the two of them before shrugging, "Look, I have my good days and bad days just like anybody else." Reyna shook her head slightly. "Brian, don't lose that cool of yours. That's your meal ticket," Dom tells him with a smirk as Reyna leaned forward. "My meal ticket? I can't pay for my own shrimp?" Brian questioned as Reyna pulled the tray towards her, "I got the shrimp." She winked at Brian as he shook his head.