ONE

She holds the wheel tight, her heart was pounding as she lightly pressed her foot down on the pedal which caused her engine to purr. Goosebumps covered her body from the sound as she watched the road ahead of her, nerves didn't taunt her as excitement began to overwhelm her. The blue paint glistened in the lights, her thumb tapped on the wheel as she prepared her NOS before placing her hand on the gear stick.

The itch to press on the gas made her twitchy, the word "Go" barely processes as she slams her foot down causing her wheels to squeal before pushing forward. She was neck and neck with her competitors but within a deep breath and a press of her NOS, she was officially ahead as she crossed over the finish line. Her racing heart makes her smile, the feeling of home calms her as she turns the car around heading back towards the crowd.

They all cheered for her as she pulled up next to her best friends car, stepping out she's instantly pulled into a tight hug. She lets out a laugh before looking up at him, "I'm proud of you Rey." She smirks before kissing his cheek then turning to collect her winnings of ten grand. She handed a small amount off to the dealer before turning to her best friend, "What do you think, Dom? New specs? Or a new ride?" Dom laughed at Rey before wrapping an arm around her, leading her towards their family.

Dom pulls away approaching another woman, "Nice win, Rey." Rey smirks, "Learnt from the best, Letty." Letty smiled before leaning in to Dom as two more people approach, "Gotta admit Rey, that was some good racing." Rey rolled her eyes, "Oh Vince, don't be upset cause I won. Same to you Leon." Both boys shrugged with small smiles as Rey lived in the glory of winning the race.

She walked past the group approaching a young woman, "What you think Mia? Do you think I'll beat Dom one of these days?" Mia looked up at the brunette with a smile, "I think you will, especially with Jesse fixing up your car with you." Rey nodded in agreement before wrapping an arm around Jesse who had approached.

Jesse placed his arm around Rey's waist. "I'll be looking out for a new project soon anyway," Rey spoke making Jesse smile, "Lookin' forward to it." The crew got into their cars and headed back to 1327 for the after-party where Rey walked out to the porch with a corona in hand, she looked out to the bland velvet sky with a small smile. She had a family and nothing mattered more than that, well, except for those ten seconds or less where she's free.

•┈┈┈••✦🚘✦••┈┈┈•

Rey pulls up in her car at the diner behind Vince, Leon, Jesse and Letty noticing the same red truck as yesterday. She leaned back in her seat as she simply watched the small group crowd Vince's car, Rey shakes her head before climbing out of her ride and making her way inside where she spots the same blonde. Mia notices Rey and smiles before grabbing her a corona, "Hey Rey." Rey smiles at Mia before sitting next to the mystery blonde who turns to her with a small smile.

Mia holds out the drink for Rey, "Thanks, Mia." Rey takes the drink and sits it on the counter, "So you're the one eating all the nasty tuna for us." The mystery blonde nodded before taking another bite, Rey opens her drink and raises it, "Thanks." The two share a laugh before Vince makes his way over glaring at the blonde.

Rey sits back as Mia tries to get Vince's attention from the blonde, she sips her drink as the blonde turns to her with another small smile before standing up. "Thanks a lot, Mia. Rey. See you tomorrow." Rey smirked at him with a small nod getting a disapproving glare from Vince that she simply shrugs off.

Rey ignores Vince as he follows after the blonde and makes her way towards Dom, "Hey yo, Dom." Dom turned to his best friend, "Yeah?" Rey sighed before looking towards the conversing men, "We gonna have a Vince problem in a moment, be ready." Dom rolled his eyes and nodded as Mia called out for Dom. Rey stood with the others as Dom pulled Vince and the blonde apart, she stepped forward glaring at Vince almost daring him to step forward again, to which he doesn't.