NINE

One Year Later...

-MIAMI, FLORIDA-

Reyna laid back on the bed staring up at the ceiling, she was wide awake and wasn't entirely sure what to do. She heard the door open, Amira walked in with a couple bags of groceries. "Any plans for tonight?" Amira questioned Reyna who grunted in response, Amira rolled her eyes before grabbing her phone. "There is a race in like ten minutes, perhaps Coyote should show up as a surprise?" Reyna sat up with a smirk before walking over to Amira, "And this is why I love you!" Reyna hugged Amira before grabbing her keys and heading out the door.

Reyna got into her Firebird and followed the directions Amira had sent her, a wide grin on her face as she pulled up. The crowd moved out of the way as the crowd chanted, "Coyote! Coyote! Coyote!" Reyna lowered her window and waved her hand out signalling she was down to race. A guy approached her, "Thirty-five large, can you handle that Coyote?" Reyna smirked as she grabbed the cash and handed it over.

She pulled up next to Suki and the skyline, the driver she knew as Bullet. Her senses power in overdrive as she focuses on the road, her heart races in preparation for the drive. She waits until the word "Go", taking a moment to look at the other drivers, she smirks at the sight of Brian O'Connor, who had a surprised expression rested on his face.

The cars set off, Brian and Reyna were neck and neck with Suki not too far behind. Reyna smiled over at Brian before hitting her NOS, just as she reached the bridge she noticed it left ever so slightly. Although Reyna liked the thrill of it, she had just fixed up her car. The tan car went over the lift, Brian hit his NOS flying over the top of him before landing. Reyna followed suit leaving the crowd stunned as her car hit the road again putting her in second place.

She pulled up next to Brian as he collected his money, she took a moment to check over her car as Brian approached her. "It's been a while, huh?" Brian says as he rubs the back of his neck, unsure of how she'd respond. Reyna turned to Brian with a blank expression as she stepped forward, "You're all good, Bullet." She smiled as he pulled her into a hug, she let her eyes wander landing on a guy with an afro. He was already looking at her making her blush slightly as she pulled back from Brian.

Brian looked at her car before smiling, "When am I gonna see you behind the wheel of an import?" Reyna laughed at his question before shaking her head, "Not anytime soon, Buster." Brian shook his head before looking over and seeing the same woman he saw earlier. "She caught your eye, huh? Go talk to her," Reyna smirked as Brian approached the woman, sirens are suddenly heard causing a panic in the crowd.

Reyna jumped into her car and sped off, drifting down the road until she was cornered by cop cars. She slammed her hands on the wheel in frustration as the officers approached her demanding her to get out of the car. The officers arrested her and took her to the police station, leaving her to sit in the interrogation room. Reyna shook her head knowing they would impound the car and the likelihood of getting it back was low. Reyna knew one thing for sure in this moment, she was known as a member of the Toretto crew and that meant; she was screwed.

•┈┈┈••✦🚘✦••┈┈┈•

Reyna leaned back in her seat as an older gentleman walked in, "Miss Roshani. I am Agent Bilkins and I want to offer you something." Reyna's brows lifted in surprise as she leaned forward in her seat, "And what would that be?" Bilkins sat down in the chair opposite her with a file in hand, he placed it in front of her. "We are currently working a case with the hopes to take down a powerful man known as Carter Verone," Bilkins spoke as he opened the file revealing his photo.

Reyna looked at the image knowing who the guy was, "And how does this involve me?" Bilkins sighed, "We need you to go undercover and get close to him, along with working with our other agents in the process." Reyna leaned back in her seat as she messed with the hem of her shirt, "And then I get a full pardon?" Bilkins nodded in response before standing up. "I'm in then," Reyna spoke quickly getting a smile from Bilkins. "C'mon, you've gotta meet our other agent you'll be working with. She'll handle things from there," Bilkins spoke as he uncuffed her.