Chapter 40

*Time skip 3 years*
"I wanna take the hunter exam." A twelve year old Izumi said directly to his two fathers, who sat across from him. The long white-haired man sighed and looked at his son in the eyes.

"For the last time Izumi, absolutely not." He said rubbing his forehead due to him telling his son no for the past 4 months already.

"Why not! Aunt Alluka told me you guys and her, along with uncle Kalluto took the exam when you were my age!" Izumi fussed.

"That's because we went through harsh training when we were growing up and were strong enough to face the opponent's head on. You still can't beat your father when it comes to training." Killua said.

Izumi furrowed his eyebrows and looked at this papa who was drinking his morning cup of tea his mother Kikyo brought for him a few days ago when she visited.

"Papa! Can you say something to dad! I wanna take the exam just like you did." Izumi desperately said hoping his father could convince his other.

Gon set down his cup of tea and looked at his husband, "I think we should let him, it's only fair. When we went, we didn't even know what nen was, and we were weak. The only way we past was through the help of each other, and no thanks to leorio grabbing a woman's.....Anyways, Izumi knows Nen and is stronger then us when we were 12. So I think he should go."

"See! Thank you!" The child burst out.

"Hold on, he's still a kid and who knows what type of people could be there. They could do all sorts of things to him. They could kil-"

"Killua." Gon cut his husband off with a small glare.

The white haired man sighed in defeat, "Fine...you can take the exam.."

"REALLY THANK YOU! PAPA THANK YOU SO MUCH!" Izumi beamed hugging his father Gon...

"Not so fast, I do a have a rule." Gon said holding onto his sons shoulder.

"What is it?" Izumi asked tilting his head.

"If you fail the exam, you have to wait until your 18 to retake it. Also when you do take the exam watch out for man named Tonpa, he's a pain in the ass." Gon said with a small sigh remembering his exam.

Izumi nodded, "Now finish your breakfast and get ready, your Aunty is taking you out shopping." His papa said.

The young boy nodded and quickly ate up his breakfast, heading upstairs to get ready.

When both men were finally alone, killua let out a annoyed groan and looked at Gon.

"You baby him to much." He said

"I know I do, that's because he's my child." Gon smiled a bit.

Killua laughed and stood up, helping Gon up as well, he hugged his husband and kissed his neck.

"Your so beautiful you know." He smirked.

Gon chuckled and kissed his husbands lips, "I know~"

"Hmm...confident I see~" the white haired man said pressing their bodies closer together.

"You know it..." Gon said wrapping his arms around Killua's neck. They shared a heated kiss before they were interrupted by the front door bursting open.

"A-ah! Alluka your early." Gon said flustered and quickly pushed killua away.

"Hm, and just when things were about to get good." Killua whined crossing his arms.

"Oops sorry big brother and gon, I hope I didn't intrude on a bad time~" she teased.

"You d- YOU DIDNT!" Gon interrupted Killua.

"Oh! Okay then! Where's Izumi?" She asked holding her elbows.

"He's changing but he'll be down in a bit." Gon said with a small smile.

After 30 more minutes of waiting, Izumi finally came downstairs. He wore black shorts and boots, along with a white turtleneck and a faded blue jackets.

"AW! You look just like your father, so handsome!" Gon said suffocating his son into a hug.

"Papa! Gon! shut it, your embarrassing me!" Both Killua and Izumi said in union. Gon couldn't help but laugh and hug both of his favorite boys.

"Wow, like father like son."

Alluka chuckled, Gon nodded in agreement while the other boys became flustered.

"Anyways, come on Izumi, let's go." Alluka smiled at her nephew.

"Hai!" He cheered and bolted out of the door with his Aunt Alluka.

Once the two family members were gone both men stood in silence, until the white haired male made a move.

"So shall we-"

"No." And just like that Gon went up into his room.

"Tch, boring." He whined.
.

.

.
"Alright Izumi! What do you want!" Alluka said with a grin on her face as she pulled out her credit card.

"Hmm..." Izumi looked around a cute store with fashionable clothing, but what really caught his eye were these cute little frogs hair clips. He picked them up and showed them to his Aunt.

"Can I get these!" He said with big pleading eyes striking his Aunt's heart. She patted his head.

"Of course! And as I said before , you can get anything you want!" She said with a huge smile on her face.

Izumi nodded, and in just a few minutes. Both nephew and Aunt came out with a car-full of bags in their hands. After that they went out for ice cream. Izumi ordered a chocolate ice cream while alluka ordered a combo of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream.

They both sat down and enjoyed their cold treat. As Izumi placed the spoon of coldness into his mouth he looked at his aunt.

"Aunt Alluka."

She looked at him, "Yes what is Izumi?"

"How...were papa and dad like back when they were kids?" He asked.

She blinked her eyes and hummed thinking back to all her childhood memories...

"Well your dad, he was very caring about your papa and would do anything to protect him. He was also a very mischievous kid and was a sweet-tooth. You should have seen how much chocolate he could swallow down in one sitting. He would also get very flustered when Gon would compliment him." She giggled

"I also remember this one time he dropped me on the floor while we were being attacked by some rando. I'm still pissed about that." She huffed crossing her arms as Izumi chuckled a bit.

"How about papa?" He asked.

"Hm... he was probably more protective of us and serious then your father. He was also very obedient towards your uncle illumi and your grandparents. Gon would often keep to himself and would just smile or laugh it off when we'd ask him what was wrong. To be completely honest with you..."

"He scared me sometimes...his smile was always so warm but, it horrid me knowing what was lying underneath it..." she said rubbing her arm.

Izumi furrowed his eyebrows, "Anyways, were the exams hard?" He said trying to change the subject.

"What do you mea- oh wait! The hunter exams?" She asked while Izumi nodded.

"When I took the exam it was a piece of cake! But when Gon took it....well that's a different story. Killua told me that when Gon was fighting, he broke his opponent's arms and spine."

Izumi shiver at the image that popped into his head..

"Are you planning on taking the exam?" She asked with a curious smile

Izumi nodded and stood up with a bright grin, "And I going to pass it and become a greatest hunter that ever live! Believe it!"

'Man this kid watches to much Naruto...'

Alluka thought with a small smile and a sigh...

But he's going to be just fine....