37

Emily's POV

It's been three weeks since Daniel was kidnapped. We still joke about it. How he could be forced to live in a closed castle with a dragon. Lucy's dad assured us that he will punish his daughter and she won't bother us again.

On the way home instead of going to the mansion, Tony left us at a nice hotel where Daniel and I finally had quality time together. There he proposed to me and of course I said yes. He told me about our past and I ended up crying on his shoulder all night. My knight in shining armor was with me. The only man in my life that actually cared about me my whole life.

I was standing looking at a full-length mirror on my reflection. A long white dress was hugging me in all the right places. My eyes were sparkling. This is the happiest day of my life. Today I will become Daniel's wife. The thing I thought would never happen to me. Get married and create a family. Daniel became a little too obsessed with me. I wasn't allowed to leave the mansion without him. But I guess he was still worried about the last time he went out and ended up tied to the bed.

But I know for sure he will protect me with his life. I know I want kids with this man although he told me that at first, he wanted to have me fully for himself. Can't blame the guy for that.

I knock on my door got me back to real life.

"Hi, Princess" Tony was standing leaning at the doorframe.

He still couldn't forget himself for what happened. He was devastated and every time he saw me he always said sorry again and again.

I tried to convince him to tell me what was bothering him in his dreams but that man was stubborn as hell.

Daniel took the news that Tony hurt me really bad. He beat the shit out of Tony. But what shocked me more was that Tony didn't fight back. He took it all before I pushed Daniel from him digging my nails to blood in his shoulders. They haven't talked much after that and every time Tony was near me Daniel embraced me in his big hands and cursed at Tony.

You have no idea how hard was it for me to see two best friends acting like that. And Tony's choice to leave Chicago left me heartbroken.

"I came to see you. And of course, I am sorry," he said with a sad smile on his face.

He came closer to me and looked at me from head to toe. His gaze was something unfamiliar to me. Like he was memorizing me.

"You look stunningly beautiful" he caressed my cheek and gave me a peck on the forehead.
"Do you really have to go? I will miss you like hell, you know" I could feel tears gathering in my eyes.

"Yes, Princess. As much as I want to see you struggling to put up with Daniel, to watch you grow a nice round belly, I just can't" his voice was broken. I could see so many emotions running in those dark-like night eyes. "The old friend of mine asked me to help him to set up the security system for his business estates and there will be a lot of work."

"But you can visit and come back to us when you're done with all that," I said with pleading eyes.

He only sighed loudly and took my hands in his.

"Look, Princess. I'm gonna say it and I'm gonna say it only once and I hope you will understand me" he was looking into my eyes. "It's not just the job. I need to get out of here. I have my own issues that I need to work on and I can't get back before that is done. But I want you to know that no matter what happens I will always be there for you and I am always just one phone call away from you. "

"But I don't understand. What's the sudden issue thing? We were all doing great. I can even try to find you the right girl so that you won't feel alone with us" I tried to lighten the mood and of course I needed reasons for him to stay.

Tony smiled at me sadly and took a little velvet box out of his pocket.

"You don't need to look for the right girl for me. She's right in front of me" he smiled and opened the box. It was a beautiful bracelet made from white gold. It was a delicate thin chain with a little Princess crown attached to it. I gasped from shock.

"It's so beautiful" I was still in shock while Tony placed it on my wrist.

"I hope you will always wear it. Well maybe not always but I hope you like it" he smiled.

"I love it! Thank you Tony" I hugged him tightly. "When are you going?" I asked hoping he will at least be here for a couple of days.

"I have a plane in one hour so this is our last conversation," he said not stopping hugging me.

"But...You can't miss my wedding..." and all of a sudden I felt devastated.

"Sorry Princess but I have no time," he said finally pushing us apart. He placed his big hand on my cheek and looked me in the eyes. "You will always be my Princess" he reached and sweetly pecked my lips.

Tears were running down my cheeks and I didn't bother about the make-up or my puffy eyes. My brother. My protector was leaving me.

"I love you, Tony," I said hugging him again.

There was a long pause between us before he finally spoke.

"I love you too princess. You have no idea how much..." and with that, he left the room giving me one last sad smile.

The reception was great. We danced, ate, sang songs even.

"So, wife. How about we ditch them all and start on our honeymoon?" my husband hugged me from behind kissing my neck lovingly.

I turned to face him and kissed his plump lips.

"With you, I am ready to go to the end of the world" I smiled.

"I still can't believe how my sweet little Lizzy ended up in my hands after so long"

"Well, from now on I will always be by your side husband. I will love you, cherish you, teach you basic etiquette, bear your children, make love to you then again bear more of your children" I teased him.

"Okay, but not until I will have enough of you for myself but I have no idea when this will pass" he smiled devilishly at me.

"I love you, husband"

"I love you more, wife"

The end......Or is it?

_____________________________________________________

Hi guys! So it's finally the end. But there's still so much to the story. I am working on my new book about Tony. 

It's called "Coming back to the end"

The story of Daniel and Emily will also be shown in this book and their future will shock you!

Please leave your comments and a Star. It helps me to move on.

Love, author