24

Emily's POV

Seeing Daniel in the lobby made my heart skip a beat. I haven't realized how much I missed his stupid face. After my runaway, I cried myself to sleep the first couple of days because of him. I was miserable. I couldn't get my thoughts together. I couldn't understand what was that and why my soul was aching so much. I ate tons of ice cream and gained a little weight now but I didn't give a damn about that. If it wasn't James, I don't think I could make it. He helped me to understand what was happening to me. I was in denial not giving my head to even think about possibilities of being happy. Especially being happy with somebody. James showed me that feeling attached to a person is normal. And when I saw Daniel today I was determined to give myself a chance and speak to him. But when I saw a blonde whore approaching and hanging on his arm I broke. Yet again, he proved that I am just a working class. It took all my strength to put on a brave face and invite him and his eye candy tonight. I couldn't fall face down and make a scene.

I reached my apartment where James was unpacking my stereo system and leaning on the wall I fell on my butt.

"So, I take it you had not a great chat down there" James gave me his best sympathetic look.

"Well it was going better before his blonde chick appeared from nowhere" I scrunched my nose remembering how perfectly fit and clothed she was. "So I panicked and somehow ended up inviting them both tonight"

"I should get more alcohol than," James smirked.

After what felt like forever it was 7 PM and most of my stuff was perfectly situated in the right places. There were still some boxes with old lamps and decorative stuff so I just shoved them all into my bedroom.

I took a shower letting the warm water cascade down my body. How should I act tonight? I will need a lot of wine to try and put on a show that I am cool with all this.

"Ughhhh!" I groaned slapping my hand on the shower wall.

I exited the shower and looked at myself in the foggy mirror.

"Fuck it! You will regret every minute that you let me go!" I shouted at the mirror.

I went to the closet hunting for the most revealing outfit. I could hear James in my living room running back and forth preparing everything. He was on crazy party maker. Rummaging through piles of clothes one particular dress caught my eye. I smiled coyly and put it on. I applied some nude-matt lipstick and added little mascara to make my eyes look bigger. My hair was loose hanging with light waves.

I heard the doorbell ringing and went to open the door. Jess was standing in the doorframe with a bottle of wine and her friend Kate. Her boyfriend pissed her off again and with me out of the picture she made good friends with her coworker Kate.

"Hey, bitch-friend of mine. I hope you end in hell for leaving me here alone for so long and also I love you and am happy to have you back" she beamed while hugging me tightly.

An hour passed and we were all sitting on the couch laughing. I had my third wine glass and was relaxed listening to Jess about her adventures as usual. But then I heard a knock on the door and froze. James looked at me and nodded.

"It can be Collin for all we know," he said moving to the doors.

When it cracked open smiling Tony with a big box entered. The box was so huge I barely could see him behind it. And what I didn't expect to see was Daniel standing proudly with a huge bouquet of roses in his hand. It was so big that he couldn't connect his fingers around them. Blonde was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Rapunzel! Here's some stuff for your new tower." Tony said plopping the box on the floor.

He came to me and hugged me with his big hands leaving me breathless.