4

I stumbled to the kitchen with my aching head and blurry vision as soon I started to smell eggs and bacon. The only thing that could make me a living thing again when I was hungover was plenty of food. I opened a kitchen cabinet and pulled a first aid kit. I took some painkillers slurping a big amount of water with them and sat on the isle stool right behind the stove.

"I see someone had a great night," Olly said with a goofy smile. As always he was all dressed up with his shiny hair and a one million smile. "You know you really should consider that rehab I told you about or otherwise you may end up without your liver" he joked.

I gave him an evil glare and put some eggs on a plate and started eating them with my bacon instead of a fork. I knew playing with food pissed him off so he just scrunched his face got up and left for a job.

I moved to the living room with the coffee in my hand and started looking through the envelope for my new case. It will be a lot of work preparing for the mission. I read every single page of the contract. God! Who invented that damn paper? Why can't people just make an oral agreement with a handshake?

I read everything up till the last page and then my eyes grew huge. The payment was a lot bigger than I expected it to be. Of course, my work isn't cheap, but this?! I really needed to do my best with this one. I started with all the info that I had on a sweet mama's boy. The Aaron guy was 24 and he had some small auto repair business so no wonder he was sucked to an old shaggy moneybag as Mrs. Willington. He was a regular at all possible fancy poker clubs, sitting there all nights long losing tons of money. It didn't take me long to contact him. The moron had accounts at almost every dating app. So I just started to slowly lure him into talking some nasty conversations. It was actually the easiest part of my job. Sitting around on a couch, sipping on my coffee, and painting my toenails without a big effort I make him beg to meet me in a half an hour. But I knew I have to have a lot of evidence so I have to torture a guy till the end of the week.

In a couple of days, I agreed to meet him on Saturday in a fancy restaurant promising him 'the sweetest dessert after dinner'. I wonder where did that come from in my mind?

It was Friday and I finally went on apartment hunting. I stood looking up at a nice building, listening to a real-estate manager telling me about nice architecture and stuff and I was definitely not listening to her at all. I was looking at a window on the fifth floor and I was totally imagining myself there, sitting near the window looking down on the faceless crowd. This apartment was a little pricey for me but I knew if I do good in my last case I will totally be able to afford it. And I never fail.

I was fascinated with the hall leading to my new apartment. Yes, I totally will buy it, it's already perfect. I can live in this hallway! Once I stepped inside my mind started to furnish all the space with every little detail.

"I will take it! Let's discuss the deposit and make it official." I said without any doubt in my voice.

"That is great news, Ms. Green! I will call our lawyer and be with you in 10 minutes with all the terms." Blonde on high heels told me and moved to my future bedroom. Yes, I will finally have my very own studio living room with a big kitchen and a separate bedroom! 

I was ecstatic. Well, it was before I heard loud banging on the kitchen wall and I couldn't recollect what was that noise until I clearly heard a woman screaming so hard that I stormed out and ran to the next door banging on it like it was depending on my life. A few minutes later the door opened and oh my fucking God! Are you kidding me? The most gorgeous man alive stood in front of me piercing my eyes with confusion. He was wearing only boxers and I could see all his Adonis body like on a display. The beads of sweat were running down his abs straight through his V line and disappearing from my sight where I was so trying not to look. Come on, go and buy some loose boxers, you sexy damn man!

I shook all my dirty thoughts and switched to detective mode. Of course, he was fucking some woman's brains out and it was obvious that she really was enjoying it. How am I supposed to make it out of this now?

"Hi, I was...was just wandering... if there's hot water in your apartment because...umm...I am moving in soon and I really hate...when there's no...hot...water..." did I just really said that? I am a confident woman who can scare the shit out of anyone and somehow I ended up in this messed-up situation.

The guy looked amusing at my blabbering. He just stayed leaning at the doorframe there and looked at me like I was some teenager not willing to speak up.

"Well if you will ever have problems I can always share a shower with you," he told me with a lusty smile.

"Really? Hitting on a girl while having others stretched out in your bed?" I huffed at him.

"What can I say, I love to share" he stepped closer to me and tilted his head looking straight at my breasts. What a weasel! "I can even share her with you if you'd like to" his hot breath fanned my face.

"Listen up, shower boy. I am not some hussy to play with and if you will disturb my peace living here I will come without knocking and shove your ego deeply through your throat to your butt." I warned him evilly and with that turned around to walk away.

"Kinky. I like it. Can't wait to have a pajama party with you, neighbor." he spoke to my back while I went back to my future home. That will be one annoying bastard.

After long discussing all the legal side of a deal I shook hands with the blondie and went shopping for tomorrow. I had to look like a million bucks to lure that Aaron guy smoothly.

Eventually, I ended up with the open back tight as hell black dress that reached just above my knees and high silver heels that matched my accessories. I went to the register pulling out my buzzing phone from my pocket. The blondie sent me a message that made my day.

Ms. Green, all the papers are ready. I will be waiting for you on Monday for the signing.

All I had to do is to wait another 24 hours and I will start to live my dream.