34

Daniel's POV

"So you don't understand what "no" means?" I asked looking into Lucy's eyes.

"You of all men should know that I always get what I want" she purred near my ear making me feel disgusted by our closeness.

"So what, you will hold me here like a fucking prisoner? You know that my men are looking for me right now, right?" I snapped. I was becoming more irritated by her fucking attitude.

"Oh, but they won't look for you if you tell them not to" she smiled and kissed my jaw.

"And why would I do that?" I hissed at her and moved my body to make some decent distance between us. I was so eager to snap her neck in half and go home. But what I saw next made me see red.

She took my phone and started to roam through it.

"What the fuck are you doing there and give me my fucking phone back!" I yelled.

"Oh hon, this is now my property so as you are," she said seductively and moved the screen to my face. I went pale looking at the message she typed for Emily.

"I am sorry. This all is going too fast. I need time to think if this is really what I want"

"You fucking bitch! I dare you to send this shit!" I was beyond angry now and trashing wildly trying to lose the ropes on my legs.

"I think it's not up to you now" she smiled and I saw her pressing the "send" button.

"Like she would believe this shit! She is smarter than that you scam!"

"Of course she would. She is abandoned trash. All her life people throw her away starting with her family. By the way, did you know Emily isn't her real name?" she beamed at me. I got confused for a moment. I tried to find any info on Emily for a long time now but with the money and connections Lucy had with her father, I knew this wouldn't be a problem for her.

"Don't you think I know that?" I tried to trick her showing her no emotions and my blank face.

"But you don't. You see I got to know that you met before and if you really loved her you would know who she really is" Lucy rolled her eyes standing from the bed. "If you want to know more you will have to cooperate with my honey. And believe me, she is really not a sweet little girl, her past has more black shit than my entire family has. And I can ruin her life in a blink of an eye." She said moving to the door. But before she exits she turned around with a smile to me, "My father is coming back to town from his Mafia trip to Italy and I want you to ask him for my hand. Think about it." she winked at me and disappeared.

My head was pounding hard. How could I know her in the past? Maybe we met somewhere at the club but I was too drunk to remember the events? But that can't be it. It must be something else. Something deeper otherwise Lucy wouldn't act like that.

I closed my eyes trying to remember every minute of my life. And then suddenly sweet little eyes appeared in front of me.

Flashback

"Danny please stop" she giggled wildly. I tickled her until she fell off the bench.

"Okay princess but you have to tell me who gave you this bruise on your hand" I tried so hard to suppress my anger but it was hard.

Her glistening doe eyes were looking straight at my soul leaving me breathless. She was constantly bullied by the elder guys in the orphanage. She was younger than me. When I was 10 I saw her crying in the corner while some boys picked up on her. I immediately ran and hit the tallest one. There were three of them bullying one little girl.

From the day I saved her we became fast friends and we always were together at the playground or in the dining area. She was two years younger than me and I was her Knight in shining armor for the next couple of years.

"It's okay Danny, I just fell off the bed" she lowered her head, her curly brown hair covered her face like a curtain.

"Princess," I took her face in my small palms making her look at me. "You know I will protect you. You're my little Princess Lizzy. I will always be there for you" I kissed her cheek and smiled sheepishly.

"You promise?" she looked at me with those doe-like eyes.

"I promise" I took her hand and we went to the swings.

Flashback ends

She was my whole world back then. I planned to take her with me after I would turn 18. I swore to protect her with my life and when the day came when I heard she was adopted my heart stopped beating. I was running like a bull to the principal's office to see her but they didn't let me. I can still feel the hot tears running down my face when I ran after the car she was in. I ran and ran screaming her name till the car disappeared behind the tall stone fence. I could see her crying face for a millisecond at the backseat of the car just before the gates closed. It was like the earth came down under my legs and I was swallowed with

From that day there was no more a happy kind boy. I was left alone. I had no friends and I always picked up in fights that left me bruised and bled. My heart became a useless stone. The only person that managed to stay by my side was Tony whom I met last year at the orphanage. We both graduated and moved to Chicago.

When I was standing quite well on my both legs I tried to find her but there was no trace of Elyzavetta Smirnova. She disappeared after her last adoption of some rich family. I learned that her biological parents left her at the gates of the orphanage while they were passing America and returned back to Russia. Their personalities were classified.

Those eyes. They were the same as Emily's. Why haven't I seen that earlier? Her hair was darker and her features were more adult and feminine. But those eyes. They were the same.

I felt the liquid gather in the corners of my eyes and I couldn't believe I finally got my sweet little Princess.

She was with me all this time! And I won't let her go now! The next time I see her I will drag her straight to the City Hall and marry her! But first I have to take care of that spoiled little brat that thinks she can handle me.

I smirked at myself and moved my hands together. Reaching my left hand I unscrewed the mechanic button on my wristwatch and pulled it off. The watch immediately started blinking with a red interval light. An evil smile crept my face and I laid back comfortably in bed waiting for my team to burst here in an hour or two.