Doctor and Patient

Kanan Age: 28
Ezra: 24

Modern World

No ones POV

Ezra shivered under the covers, looking over at the alarm clock which read '4:28 am'. He coughed into his fist and continued shivering, feeling a warm and comforting hand rest on his shoulder. "Hey, how are you feeling? You doing okay?"

Ezra nods a little. "Yeah, I'm sorry love..this cold is just not going away. But you need to sleep, you have to be up in a few hours for work.." He turned over, facing his lover who looked at him with worry.

Kanan shakes his head. "Ezra as a doctor I don't think this is a normal cold..something is wrong." He brushed Ezras bangs out of his face. "Please, I need you to go get this checked out..if you need to come to the hospital and request me, you know Hera will get you a room immediately."

Hera was the director/owner of the hospital Kanan worked at, allowing him to be the director of health. He was in control of the nurses and doctors, would be present for almost all surgeries involving the brain or the heart. He was also involved of the inventory of medical supplies and ran that with their best friend Zeb who took care of the shipping, ordering, and storage of the medicines and the medical equipment.

Ezras adoptive sister Sabine was a pediatrician at the hospital and an event director, she loved ensuring that the patients would be taken care of with little decorations or activities, she wanted the hospital to feel full and bright so when patients walked in they didn't feel as if they were in prison, so she painted every room with a design of color, some rooms have darker colors while other have brighter colors in case someone was sensitive.

Ezra was the director of the Culinary department, he took care of food orders, creating recipes, having specials, taking care of food allergies for patients and ensured the kitchen followed and cleared for the health inspection, keeping it clean and sanitized always. He wanted the patients and doctors to feel as though they were at home, getting fresh meals using clean ingredients and colorful ones to create bright and delicious dishes for the patients.

Ezra coughed into his fist. "Kanan I just need a few more days and I will be back to normal in no time okay?" He rested his head against the sweat soaked pillow and grimaced at the feel. "I'm okay.." He sat up shakily, grabbing the soaked pillow and put it on the floor, resting his head on a dry and clean pillow.

Kanan got up. "I think you need to get it checked, nothing will change my mind about it until that fever goes away or unless you have no symptoms left." He stretched, his back cracking slightly as he walked into their master bathroom and began to brush his teeth. He rinsed out his mouth and looked at Ezra. "I'm having Sabine come over today and stay with you to keep an eye on you okay?" He combed through his short hair and looked over at his sick wife.

Ezra gave a deep sigh. "Okay.." He coughed harshly, going into a coughing fit.

Kanan dropped the comb and ran over, kneeling by the side of the bed and pat his lovers back gently but harshly to try and clean out his airway. "I want that binder off, now." He looked at Ezra softly, giving him a loving and worried glare.

Ezra nods softly, allowing Kanan to take his pajama shirt off and then took off his binder slowly. "There we go, I don't want that on anymore, you understand?" Kanan threw the shirt and binder into the dirty clothes hamper and grabbed a blue pajama shirt, putting it on Ezra. Giving him a kiss to his forehead and laid him down, pulling the covers over him. "I will let Sabine know, in about three hours to give you some fever reducers okay?" He rested his palm on Ezras feverish cheek. "I need you to rest okay?" He smiled and walked back to the bathroom, washing and shaving his face, then got into his doctor uniform. He looked over and sighed. "Do you want some tea? Anything?" He looked over at his lover, walking over.