Birthday

Kanan Jarrus : Age 24

Ezra Bridger : Age 19

Season 3, a few months after Malachore

No ones POV

Ezra groaned in annoyance, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He looked down at the blaring alarm clock and sighed. "I'm up.." He got up and turned snoozed the alarm and yawned, he stretched his arms up and checked over the calendar and paled. "Karabast." It was Empire Day, also known as Ezra's 19th birthday.

He gave a soft sigh and looked down at the empty bottom bunk, missing the lasat. "He's up before me? That's a shocker." He chuckled, tryin to cheer himself up and walked over to his pile of folded clean clothes and used the force to lock the door. He quickly got changed, ensuring his binder was on tight and winced. "I need a new one, badly." He sighed and placed his now folded dirty pajamas onto his bunk.

Sabine ran over and gave him a tight hug, almost causing the young jedi to fall. "Sabine!" He yelped in surprise.

The Mandalorian just chuckled and looked up at her younger brother, whispering. "Happy birthday Ezra." She gave him a soft nod and smiled.

Ezra sighed and gave the best smile he could and nods. "Thank you Sabine. It's still early yet, has Hera started the annual meeting?"

"In about ten minutes, she's outside now. I would head over so you're there early." She answered, a little saddened by his reaction to her announcing his birthday, but understood that it was a more touchy subject to talk about with him.

"Thank you Sabine." He hurried over to the briefing table and stood next to Hera who was fixing a loose button.

She looked up and smiled, forgetting about the button and giving Chopper the job so she could talk to the young jedi. She gave Ezra a hug and smiled. "Happy Birthday Ezra.." She whispered.

Ezra hugged back and frowned, then quickly put on a smile and let go. He nods at the pilot. "Thank you Hera." He looked over at the table and sighed. "What's the meeting about today?" He asked the pilot, curious as to what they will be discussing about during the meeting.

"Just a check-up meeting, ensuring that everyone has been running everything smoothly. The medical shipment that the Empire was transporting has been successfully taken by us. No casualties." Hera beamed at the result of one of their prior missions.

"That's great, do you mind if I just give you my report now? I wanna take a walk and clear my head." He pressed a few buttons on the table and pulled up his report, everything up to date.

Hera nods, looking over his report and smiled proudly. "Looks perfect. as always." She chuckled and looked over at him. "Yes, go take your walk. Comm us if you need anything please." She said softly, but sternly.

Ezra nodded gratefully and smiled. "Thank you." He looked over to the southern part of the base where he had a secret little path he liked to go and enjoy some quiet time to himself whenever he got the chance. The only problem about this location? Kanan loved mediating near the entrance, so Ezra would have to create some sort of distraction, which could be as simple as moving a rock near Kanan with the force, or even a boulder to distract the older jedi.

The younger jedi crept over to the entrance and looked at the spot where Kanan would be meditating and became confused. Kanan wasn't there, but where could he be? He's usually here all day, he'll go into the Ghost once in a while to eat, drink, sleep, shower, that sorta thing. But he never does any of that this early.

He sighed and walked into the little entrance, following the trail of rocks he planted miraculously and sat by the little waterfall and relaxed by the small pool of water. It felt as though this was the only source of freedom or life on this planet, no leaves, trees, grass. This was the only spot that contained life, and it was all Ezras.

Ezra closed his eyes and tried to relax his body, his mind. But all he could think about was Kanan, he still remembers when he moved out of Kanans room by his choice, he couldn't bear to look at Kanan, not after what he did to him, his lover. He caused him pain, he remembers sensing Kanans heartbreak and look of sadness. He remembered turning away as fast as possible so it wouldn't hurt as much as it did. But that wasn't possible. It hurt, and it hurt bad. The worst part? It occurred on his 18th birthday.

Ezra opened his tear filled sapphire eyes and let them fall, he was mentally and physically exhausted, he couldn't just go to Kanan and expect everything to be better, or to feel as though Kanan forgave him. He knew Kanan could never forgive him, he felt like even though people were kind to him, they still blamed him for what happened.

"Ah, so this is where you go." A soft, yet strong male voice was heard from behind the younger jedi, making him gasp. "Kanan!" He looked at him. "What're you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same." He sat next to him, placing his mask to the left of him so it wasn't between him and Ezra. "It is beautiful.."

"But, you can't see it." Ezra looked up at the waterfall.

"I don't need eyes to see, I have a nose, a mouth, ears, nerves." He looked over at Ezra. "The force. I can see Ezra, just not the way you or others can. I had to adapt to it." He smiled.

Ezra looked away from Kanan, he couldn't stand seeing his white eyes. All he can see is his mistake. Even though Kanan and Ezra have come onto, more decent terms. Ezra still struggled with talking to Kanan, looking at him, or doing anything with him. It just felt weird, as if it wasn't meant to be.

Kanan took notice and slowly grabbed Ezras hand, intertwining his fingers with Ezras and smiled softly. "I know today may not be the greatest day for you..but it means a lot to me." He reached over to his left and grabbed a small nicely wrapped gift and hands it over to Ezra. "Here, Happy Birthday love." He smiled.

Ezra looked over. "Kanan.." He grabbed the gift. "You shouldn't have." He smiled softly and slowly opened the box.

"I wanted to." He rested his arm around Ezras waist and smiled. "You like it? I had it made."

Ezra pulled out a silver necklace, with a lothcat jewel hanging on the end of it and smiled. "Oh Kanan.." He looked over at him. "I love it."

"Here." He grabbed it and scooched over behind Ezra, laying the front of the necklace over Ezra and connected the hooks onto the back and smiled, planting a small kiss to the back of Ezras head. He rubbed his shoulders and turned Ezra towards him, ensuring that the young jedi was facing him and smiled. "Gorgeous as always." He chuckled and kissed his forehead, he wrapped his arms around the males waist and pulled him into his lap, receiving a surprised yelp from the boy.

Ezra laughs and rested his head against Kanans chest and observed the waterfall, all the negative thoughts washed away as he nestled into his lovers lap.

Kanan looked down at him and placed two fingers under Ezras chin and lifted his face to look at Kanan. "Will you move back in with me Ezra? I miss you."

Ezra looked up at the older jedi and smiled, kissing him.

Kanan smiled, receiving the answer they both needed to hear, feel, however they want.

Ezra let go and nods. "I will, I need a change of scenery, more action at night."

Kanan laughs. "Oh, is it a challenge? I will tire you out, make you...mmm" He closed his eyes and chuckled.

Ezra smirked and rested his forehead against his lovers chest and chuckled. "How about we cuddle tonight first? I haven't slept a good 8 hours in weeks and so desperately need to." He yawned.

"Indeed, plus the one day off we have is tomorrow so we get to sleep in." He squeezed the younger jedi and held him closer. "Happy Birthday Ezra Bridger." He felt the younger jedi relax in his arms which was soon followed by soft snores which made Kanan chuckle.

Maybe birthdays wouldn't be so bad from here on out..