Chapter Twenty Five

Abrielle

"Okay so let me show you around the facility." He pushed up his sleeves to his elbows as he picked up some supplies off the ground. Adam had on a a nice black sweater. The sweater carressed his muscles nicely.

I couldn't believe that I was going to be working with him. I watched his lips moved as he talked. I was mesmerized by his avertive attitude about his work.

"Are you taking in everything okay? I know I get carried on sometimes." His dimples greeted me again.

"Yeah, I just...yeah I'm excited." I said enjoying his presence. I looked at all the artwork that filled the inside of the building. It felt like a safe place to be foe kids who faced problems as I have.

We walked to the foyer door and he greeted all the kids.

"Hey guys you all ready for your groups to start?" Adam said enthusiastically.

"Yeah!" They all yelled in unison.

"Come on in and no running and go straight to your groups." The children filled the facility and they all ran into different rooms.

"You see there's a leader with five children. You are a group leader as well but this week you won't have any children because your learning. So you will shadow three people this week. I'll introduce you to them now."
We entered the first class and it was filled with clay and figures. The children were sitting in a circle with their smocks on.

"To start off we will talk a little about how everyone weekend was." The kids were attentive and most raised their hands quickly except one.

"Paul you don't want to talk about your weekend?"

"No." He said sharply.

"That's okay. You can listen for today okay?" She spoke warmly. He nodded and gave a small smile. Fifteen minutes later the kids were eating a snack at their desks.

"Abrielle I would like for you to meet Destiny. Destiny this is our new team leader. She's going to be shadowing you and two others so I wanted you to get to know each other." Her red hair in a messy bun and her smile big and bright to match. "So nice to meet you." I said shaking her hand.

We went into the next classroom and the kids were singing.

"This is so adorable." I whispered to Adam.

"Almost as adorable as you." He winked and I blushed.

"Hey Adam..er I mean Mr. Merlott, hope I'm not interrupting anything." Short curvy female with long curly hair walked over to us.

" No this is Jasmine, Jasmine, Abrielle she's a new team leader and she will be shadowing you this week." This is her! The girl Adam knows that he flirted with.

"Oh. Hi. Great to have you here." I reached out my hand trying to be the bigger person and she shook my index finger. I'm about to lay ha' ass out now.

"OK you can get can get back to your class." Adam quickly said trying to avoid what just happened.

"Mr. Merlott, I need to see you after your task." She brushed me off and I tightened my lips. He nodded and we walked out the class.

"Adam!" I said through clenched teeth.

"She didn't mean anything she's always like that. She's working on it." He tried to come to her rescue. I gave him a look that I didn't believe him and he gave me a sad puppy face.

"Who's next?" I Muttered. He smiled showing those dimples I love. I couldn't help but smile back as he nudged me.

We walked into the class and all the kids were dancing. Tall brown guy with a killer smile winked at Adam.