Chapter Fourteen

Kim

As soon as we stepped inside I felt the pulsating of the live music. Everyone was conversing and laughing. The foyer was huge and the huge chandelier looked like it weighed a ton but it dangled delicately over the entrance.

"Ooh girl I see him!" Tanya hit me repeatedly. I hit her back because she was getting me nervous. I looked over and saw Wesley standing in the massive living room talking to some guy. His smile brightening the whole room. He could just ask a female her name and her panties would drop from his powerful voice.

"I see drinks. I need about two maybe seven." I began to get nervous and all this time I prepared I have no time to being nervous! I quickly moved through the crowd.

"Excuse me! Champagne!" I waived down the server. As soon as she came close I snatched two drinks and chugged them.  I put the empty glasses back and grabbed more.

"Uh Kim slow down girl I never seen you like this since...college." Tanya said looking at me like I lost my mind.

"He....makes....me....this....way." I said after the fifth glass.

"I have to go refill." The server said with an attitude as she texted on her cellphone. I was beginning to feel the edge coming off so I waived her off because I got enough liquor courage. So far. I pushed my boobs up trying to make sure I was right. I looked around for Wesley.  I spotted him and made my way through the crowd to him. He's not going to get away from me this time.

Abrielle

Before we left I straightened my hair for a change and I had light makeup paired with a simple red lip. I didn't want Chris to go through all that trouble for one night.

"Okay, what about this one?" The sales clerk asked.

I poked my head out the dressing room.

"No."  I shook my head at the seventh dress picked out for me. I didn't even attempt to try on. I tried on three and I have already gave up.

"Abrielle you not even trying to see if you like them. Why won't you try them on?" Chris crossed his arms fed up with me not even trying. He through up his hands and walked out the waiting area.

"Thank you for your help but I'm not going to take any of them. Sorry." I handed the sales woman the clothes I rejected and started stripping.

"Put this sh*t on and I don't want to hear one word from you." Chris pushed back the wine colored dressing room curtain and handed me the dress. I was taken back by his anger but I was surprisingly turned on. I nodded and I put on the dress. I didn't even bother looking in the mirror. I stepped outside the curtain and walked to the waiting area.

"You see nothing looks right. I'm just fat."  Crossed my arms and sighed in frustration.

"Abrielle look in the mirror." I rolled my eyes and turned around and looked at myself in the six sided mirror. "You look amazing like I knew you would. " Chris wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. "Now we have to go before the damn party is over. Oh and before I forget, call yourself fat one more time and see what happens to you. " He smacked my ass hard it stung and made his way to the register.

"Chris!" I stood there a few second looking at myself and soothing my aching butt cheek. I actually did look beautiful.

"She's going to wear it straight out the store." Chris announced as I showed her the tag to scan and to cut off.

"Okay sir, you're total is $225.17." She smiled and took his card to swipe.

"That's too much!" I tried to whisper to Chris. He shook his head and waived me off.