Chapter Twenty Six

Abrielle

"You sure your okay?" Adam looked at me with concern.

"Yeah." I gave him the most reassuring smile I could muster up. He studied my face and finally gave in.

"Okay I will trust you." He smiled. The waiter took our drink orders as we looked at the menu. I felt Chris eyes burning into my forehead. I looked up and his eyes were right on me as I saw the back of Kim head. Her hands wailing around as she looked like she was complaining to the waiter who stood their flustered.

"So, how did you like everything?" He finally broke the silence. My focus was out of place and I didn't want him to notice.

"I love it. The kids are so inspiring. I hope that I can help the kids as everyone else are." I thought back to all the smiling faces. They really wanted to be there and it made me want to be there.

"That's exactly why I came back. The kids impacted my life in a big way, just like you have." He reached over and touched my hand. I blushed hard and the waiter walked up.

"What can I get you two?" We orderd and I still felt those eyes on me. Those eyes I know wouldnt be able to avoid until we left. I tried my best to ignore him. To ignore him and give my all to Adam. But I couldn't.

"So you think you will be with us for a while?" Adam asked and took a sip of his Pepsi.

"Yeah I just need to gain that confidence you all have." I sighed thinking how I really do need to build my confidence. The waiter placed our food in front of us and we thanked him.

"You will get the hang of it. Because we all been through it. We all have a story to tell." I saw the worry in his hazel eyes. What was he hiding?

"So, about Jasmine..." I hesitated to ask the question.

"What about her?" He asked nonchalantly.

"She's what to you?" I searched his face for a reaction.

"She's a friend." He said simply.

"Okay. What type of friend?" I asked wanting him to elaborate.

"You know...a friend." He took a long sip of his drink again.

"Well from what I saw on Facebook it looked as you were more than friends." My eyebrows rose letting him know I peeped his game.

"I mean. We had a thing one time." He finally spat out.

"Now were getting somewhere." I sighed and felt a guard divide us. I felt like he was hiding so much and I couldn't just pour it all out to him. He knew way more about me than I did of him and it didn't sit well on my conscience.

"So? Are you going to tell me the story?" His head hung low and he looked up at me slowly.

"Maybe another time." He said lowly.

"Again? This again Adam? I respect you don't want to talk about what happened with you having to be hospitalized but why do you hold back information about a ex?"

"Abrielle. I'm doing the same thing your doing." I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"You don't think I noticed him looking over here after you talked to him a good ten minutes by the bathroom?" He looked frustrated.

"Okay well, he is my ex. But I didn't want to ruin our time together with drama I'm trying to forget." I explained.

"Why would I ruin our time together with talking about another female?" I felt stuck. I really wanted to know but I didn't think it would be smart to actually just ruin our time about our pasts.