Chapter 35

3 years later...

I opened my eyes and and saw two little brown eyes look back at me.

"Da-da." I heard as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Yes sweetie." I walked over to her pack n play and picked up my little Dana. Her curly hair hung in her face wildly. I kissed her cheeks and she giggled.

"Where's your mommy?" I asked as I grabbed her favorite toy out of her pack n play. I walked down the stairs and my nose was met with the bitter smell of coffee and savory bacon.

"Say good morning mommy." Dana started kicking and giggling as she saw her mother. She had her dark curly hair tied into a loose ponytail. Her reading glasses on studying for her exam.

"Hey momma's baby." Dana's mom planted a million kisses on her as Dana laughed loudly.

Dana's laugh was music to my ears, I loved every single thing about her, she's perfect.

"I made breakfast it's in the microwave babe and I put Dana's in there too." She said as she sat Dana in her high chair.

"Thanks bae. I definitely need it this morning because I didn't get when I got in last night." I said pulling out the plate of pancakes, bacon and eggs.

"I know that's why I let you sleep in." She said as she walked behind me and rubbed my shoulders as I cut up baby girl's food.

"I appreciate you." I gave her a kiss on the lips and smacked her butt as she walked back to her chair.

"You betta watch them hands before you get these hands." She put up her fist and Dana giggled as she played with her toy.

"Whatever, we'll see about that later." I teased. She rolled her eyes and giggled to herself and went back to studying.

"Here you go baby girl." I said the chopped up food in front of Dana. She quickly took a piece of pancake and started working on it.

"So how many more days until the big exam honey?" I said as I drizzled syrup on everything.

"Only 2 days away." She said not taking her eyes away from the computer screen.

"You have been working hard I'm sure you will ace that mug." I said taking another bite.

"Thanks." She gave me a quick smile and I smiled back. I looked over at our daughter and I just couldn't believe how far I've come along as a person. As a man. From being in a relationship that was built on lies and infidelity. Now being with the woman I know that was meant for me....

3 years ago...

Micah

I thought Abrielle would've understood. I thought she would've realized that I would take care of her. Everything I needed she could give me just by caring, loving and being there for me. Why sh*t gotta be complicated?

I pulled off as the snow began to flow even harder. My thoughts just racing about how I can't just let this go. I can't. How can she think she knows what's best for me?

I turned back around and saw her walking to a car. I hopped out the car in the middle of the street and ran over to her.

"Abrielle I'm not going to give up on this sh*t. How can I just walk away? I never felt a connection with somebody like I do with you. I know you've been through some fucked up things but I have too!

She looked up at me with her eyes and cheeks wet.

"I can't hurt you like I've hurt everybody else. So p-please just let me go." She pulled her arm away and got into the Uber.