Chapter Two

"Take me home." The rain poured down on us both and I felt blood flowing through every vein in my stiff body. I wiped away the black mascara from my cheeks.

"Oh ok, lets go." he replied not moving an inch.

"Can you let go of me?" I said pulling away from him.

"Sorry let's go." he said unlocking his car doors. I thought to myself, I can't sit through another car ride with him and I definately don't want him or that crazy b*tch know where I live. I quickly dialed up a taxi.

"Hello can I have a taxi for Chicago and Leavitt? Ok thanks."

"Why are you getting a cab when I'm taking you home?" Chris said confused.

"I need to go grocery shopping." I said which is true but really isn't the main reason.

"Well despite what happened today I hope you join the internship, it starts in two weeks." He said stopping at the light. I said nothing, I just nodded and looked out the window. My hair was soaked and frizzy. My clothes were damp.

"Pull over here." I said pointing to the curb.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

"Positive." I said opening the car door.

"Okay well you have my email." he yelled out the window and I just turned around and walked off so he wouldn't try to convince me to drive me home. My day, my summer feels like it's getting worse every second. I'm no where near my house and it's going to take two hours to get there Google maps says.

The cab pulled up and I got in. I gave him the address and that's when it hit me that I'm going to have to use my rent money to pay off this cab. Please let something look up for me.

I sat in the back seat still wet and started to get cold. I tried to distract myself by looking at my phone. I went on Tumblr and posted about what happened to me from leaving school til now. I instantly got a reply and this anon said Girl, you're professor is hella in love with you or he at least want the business from you. If I was his wife I would've beat you and him up too!

What the hell do they know? I mean sure he is good looking but that doesn't mean I want him or even tried it! He invited me over not vise versa. Frustrated, I cut my phone off and we where a few blocks away from my house.

"You can stop here I'll walk."

"Okay that will be $40.00"

"Seriously?" I said trying to see if he would lower it.

"Okay 35.50" he said.

"Ugh ok thanks." I said handing him the money and I got out the car. The rain slowed up and I was grateful because I only had a t shirt and jeans on.

Finally made it passed all the n*ggas on every corner, walked up the stairs to my front door and put my key in the key whole. As soon as I got in I laid down on the floor and stared up to the ceiling. What the hell is going on today? I looked at my phone and it was about to hit 10pm. I kicked my shoes off and walked in my bathroom and stripped myself of all the damp clothes. I turned on the shower and got in. I washed my hair and let the water massage my skin.