Chapter Four

☆Photo of Abrielle at Chris house above☆

"Ms. Ginson have you had a history of suicide and depression?" The doctor asked me.

"No! Why would I?" I said getting frustrated. " This is all a misunderstanding." I said trying to get him to understand.

"After your mother's death, have you felt any anger?" He continued to ask questions as he wrote on a note pad.

"N-no I mean I wish she was here with me but I'm not angry." I said trying to focus my jumbled thoughts.

"Do you feel like she abandoned you?" he asked.

"I do feel alone." I replied as tears began to form. "I miss her more than anything."

"Ok thank you for being co-operative. We would like for you to either one be admitted to our facility or come as a out patient. Because right now you are at risk of hurting yourself."

"But I'm not crazy! I said wiping my tears.

"You would've been dead Ms. Ginson. If Mr. Williams never pulled you back, you would've been dead within seconds." The doctor explained. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Chris saved me?

"I'd recommend if you are thinking of doing out patient you can't be at home alone. You need someone with you at all times."

"I have no one."

"That's no problem, you can be admitted as a in patient."

"I have school I can't just quit. I'm going to grad school next semester!" I said feeling helpless.

"I'm sorry but if there's no one who can help you. You will have to be admitted." He explained.

"When does all this start."

"Today. We can't lose anymore time."

My heart felt like it was going to burst into a million pieces.

"I'll give you some time to think and eat breakfast and ill send a nurse to stay in here with you."

"Ok." I said feeling like a child being watched by my every move. I looked on the table next to me and picked up my phone and looked through my contacts. I looked through the options of people I had to help me. No one. The closest family I have lives in Southern California. I didnt know how to get into contact with them. I scrolled passed my mom old phone number and I began to cry. Why, why, why, is all my brain could comprehend.

I heard a knock on my door and it scared me.

"Hello I'm the nurse the doctor spoke to you about. I'll sit over here and if you need anything. But before that you have a visitor." She stepped out the doorway and I saw Chris brown eyes looking straight at me. I instantly lower my head in shame. All the while I was trying to avoid him he was warning me.

"Abrielle, I'm not going to say i told you so because it won't help anything. I just to say I'm here for you."

"There aren't any words I can say that can thank you. But i will say thank you for saving many life. The only down side is I realized or should i say I've been diagnosed with depression asked apparently I'm also suicidal. So if can't find any family to help me. I will be locked up like a crazy person."

"Did you get in contact with anyone?"

"I have family in California but I never met them and I don't know how to get in contact with them." I said massaging my forehead feeling a strong headache coming on.

"How about you come to many house for the night and i help you find them in the morning?"

"I can't you're wife threatened me and sh-"

"She went on a business trip. She's starting a new job. You can come over and well call around or something."

"Chris you have done enough I couldn't put you out."

"You're not. I'm offering." he said getting my coat. He held out his hand and I looked at him and he smiled. I took his hand and got out the bed.

A hour later.

I walked in the house and you could tell Chris spent the night before alone. Pizza boxes, beer bottles and papers all around.

"Sorry about that." He said picking the bottles and garbage."

"Trust me it's fine. I said sitting looking around.

"You can stay in the guest room." he said showing me three room upstairs. I walked in the wine and white colored room. The white duvet covers looked so comfortable.

"Make yourself comfortable."

"You think we can look today for my family?" I said then I realized may have sounded rude.

"Oh, how about I cook some food and we can look after?" I looked at him and laughed.

"Whats so funny?" he said.

"You have pizza boxes everywhere and you expect me to eat what you're cooking?" I said.

"Awe...well"

"How about since you're holding me, I'll cook you dinner?"

"You know how to cook?"

"I'm half Mexican and black. I cook soul food and Mexican." I said following him to the kitchen.

"I would love anyone enchiladas." He said opening the refrigerator.

"How about you let me get to cooking and you do some homework or something." I said motioning him away.

"Alright, ok, I trust you." he said with his hands up backing away. I giggled a little. He is just so corny but for some reason he always makes me feel better.

I got what I needed and started to cook. Chris sat on his couch and gathered all the scattered papers around the front room. He put on his glasses and started working.

"You mind if I listen to music?" I said pointing to his ihome radio.

"Ah no go ahead." he said still looking his paper.

I walked over to it and unlocked it. I sucked my teeth at his music.

"Nothing you like huh?" He asked.

"Don't look at me that's all Kim." he said. I put on SZA, her voice is everything. I started dancing a little to it as I cooked. I went to the counter and I started chopping up the cilantro. And I looked up and saw..."