S2 part 39

-recap-
Often when she came she said it was because of training, but I never believed her and started following her.
And what I saw then was horrible...

-Meliodas .p.o.v.-

She was pelted from all sides by not only children, but also adults.
They yelled at her that she was a monster...a freak...
And that was the day I first snapped.
I don't know what happened but my sight went black and when I got my sight back I had y/n in my arms and some unconscious fairies behind me.
Y/n held me tight and I found out that day that I really loved her and would do anything for her.
But really everything..
And so did I after the day we had to leave.
That day I spoke to the demon king and he said there was going to be a war and he wanted me to fight for him as the leader of his group since I was his eldest son.
But I didn't want to, but then he suddenly started laughing and showed a sphere with a girl in it.
I looked at the girl and swallowed.
It was y/n who was training on our spot.
In my heart I had a big smile but in my eyes I looked angry at my father.
He wanted to use her to make me work for him and he knew I would.
I growled and he looked at me with satisfaction.
Since that day, y/n in his head became my weak spot and he did everything to make my life miserable by using her.
But it was better than making her disappear.
And he even had me send her a few presents with Chandler's help.
She got the secret treasures she has from me and I don't really know if she knows she has mine.
But I'm glad she's still using them fully and almost to me.
But that's not what it's about now, it's about what happened just before the war.
The Ten Commandments were established with me as the leader.
I was forced to fight, but I never said I would fight for him.
No, I was going to fight for her... the love of my life.
I would make stupid decisions for her and first and biggest decision was Elizabeth..
I ran into her when I went on a lookout. 

She came out of nowhere as if she knew I was coming and smiled at me.

I looked at her suspiciously and wanted to turn around but she stopped me.

"Uhm you're Prince Meliodas, right? I have a proposition for you, it's about the war coming between our parents and I want to stop it with your help."

"And why should I help you?"

She looked at me with a grin.

 "Because you want to protect something you don't want to lose and I want to make peace with this, so I thought you were the best fit."

"How do you know about her?!"

"It doesn't matter now. It matters whether you do it or not."

I looked at her closely and sighed.

"Good, but only because I don't want anything to happen to her."

"Good, then that's a deal. I'll see you on the day of the showdown, Prince Meliodas."

I nodded and immediately walked away.
I immediately hated that girl if I'm honest, but not just for the deal.
No, it felt like there was something behind this whole thing, but even to this day I don't know what that feeling is.
But you know about the fact that I met her and how the curse started so let's get to the most important part..
What my life was like without her by my side.
To be with a girl who keeps falling in love with you...
And that the girl you tried to protect was locked up.