S2 part 33

--Recap--

"In answer to your question...Wait, why is it suddenly so hot in here.."

Meliodas immediately looked back and sighed.

"You don't mean this, why..."

--Y/n's .p.o.v.--

I looked behind me and saw Escanor in a super large shape that I had never seen before.
I swallowed and started shaking violently.
I suddenly started to get flashes of the goddess with the white fire around her as she locked me up.
I grabbed Meliodas without thinking.

"It's the Goddess...I'm scared..."

Meliodas turned to me and then looked at Zeldris.
Zeldris nodded and quickly came our way and took over from Meliodas.
In the meantime, I experienced repeating the word goddess all the time while I was shaking violently.
Zeldris's grip grew stronger by the second and I did nothing but remain a terrified trans as I heard people fighting in the background.

--Meliodas's .p.o.v.--

I felt y/n grab me from behind and I looked back to see her anxious face.
I didn't know what it was but understood immediately when she said the following.

"It's Goddess..I'm scared.."

She was afraid of Escanor's form.
She saw the goddess in it for some reason and I think it's because of the flames.
The goddess is known for her white flames, which must have been burned onto her retina when she was imprisoned with the Ten Commandments.
I felt Escanor's hits approaching and then looked quickly from y/n to Zeldris.
Zeldris immediately understood what I meant and took y/n with him.
I watched them for a moment, then focused on Escanor.
I looked at him with much hatred and disgust.
I didn't understand why he was mad at her.
She never did anything to him and is literally an angel in demon clothes.
She's perfect and he's ruining it.
And I'm going to set that right now.
No one hurts what's mine, especially not now that she's slowly coming back.
I looked into Escanor's eyes and saw anger in his eyes.
And hopefully there will be some wounds soon too.

"Escanor!! I don't care what's wrong with you but you hurt someone I love!! And now you have to pay the price!!"

Escanor laughed and looked at me in disbelief.

"You're really going to compete with me for a creature like her! AHA don't make me laugh Captain!" said Escanor.

I started to gasp with anger.

"That creature is the love of my life! And that for 3000 years! So dare to insult her again!"

"So you would betray your own team for her too!! She hurt the princess and you only care about hurting your so-called girlfriend!! You are selfish!!"

I looked at him and shook my head.

"No, I am not making the same mistake as 3000 years ago.. Elizabeth is the biggest mistake of my life.. SHE IS THE GENE WHO IS SELFISH!!"

When I said that, Escanor began to growl and summon his axe.
He then immediately ran towards me and I sighed.
If he wants to fight, we'll fight, but hopefully Merlin will be secretly on standby to help.
Because I just wouldn't want to kill Escanor just yet.
Because what he doesn't know is that in five seconds I can make that curse disappear and he becomes a powerless person again.
But then that is his problem, because if it is necessary to protect y/n I would do it right away.
I watched Escanor's ax head toward me at full speed.
I quickly drew my sword and stopped it just quickly enough.

"Captain whatever you do. No matter how strong you think you are, I'd beat you to protect the princess!"

I started laughing.

"And then what are you going to do to y/n too. Y/n is ten times stronger than me and I know everyone. Then everyone but you, Gowther and Elizabeth would protect her. Because she is the people's life for giving! She doesn't know it herself yet, but no one would ever let her die! And if I let that happen, I instantly redo my sin for her!'