Don't be afraid

~✧✩✧~

On Moff Gideon's light cruiser...

Grogu was meditating.

It was how he had been spending his days since he woke up from being stunned. Grogu needed to do something to keep his mind from feeling the intense emotions warring inside of him.

The anger, the sadness, the fear.

He'd allowed the anger to take hold of him and control his actions, and that wasn't the Jedi way. Those moments that he was one with the force at the seeing stone had reminded him of how freeing it was to meditate. So, he was doing as he'd been taught in the Jedi temple all those years ago. Clearing his mind and allowing the force to flow through him, and it was taking away his emotions to let him feel some semblance of peace. Giving in to the calming feeling as the energy flowed through him. It was all he could do until his father came for him. Because his father was coming for him. His dad would take him away from these horrible people who fed him gross food. The food here was worse than the meal packs they'd eat on his dad's ship—at least those kind of had flavor.

"Is he sleeping?" A voice said, pulling Grogu from his meditation.

"I don't know, try shaking him," another said, sounding annoyed.

"You know what he did to the others. I don't want to. You do it." There's a sound of movement. Grogu could sense the fear coming off of the man who spoke, and he couldn't help but feel a little proud that the bad man was a bit scared of him. Grogu knew if his dad was here, he'd be proud of him.

"He's a child, and he's secure. He can't hurt us."

Grogu's shoulder was shaken, his hands still clasped in front of him in binders. He slowly blinked open his eyes, glaring at the two stormtroopers standing before him. One of them had a tray with the disgusting food on it. A previous trooper, who'd been brave enough to feed him, had called the tough, rectangular substance a ration bar.

"Okay, you little brat. I'm going to feed you."

Grogu wasn't sure how long it had been since the last time he'd eaten. His stomach growled in response. When he was with his mom and dad, they always made sure he was fed. He never went hungry. A surge of sadness ran through him over the thought of his mother.

He'd never hear her sing to him again, or hold him, or rub his ears—the small comforts that showed him that she loved him.

He looked at the stormtrooper, a wave of anger pulling in his chest. It was their fault his mother was dead and that he'd never see her again. The man with the tray came forward, picking up a piece of the ration bar and bringing it to Grogu's mouth.

Grogu bit his fingers hard.

The man screamed, dropping the tray and food.

"Kriff!! He bit me!" The man yelled, holding his hand to his chest. He started towards the kid. Grogu could feel the anger rolling off him. But the other stormtrooper grabbed him by the arm to stop him in his tracks.

"We can't harm him. It's the Moff's orders."

The injured stormtrooper huffed. "Then he'll starve!"

Grogu had been through worse.

The two men quickly picked up the tray and food from the ground and left.

Grogu closed his eyes, preparing himself for meditation again.

His father would be coming for him soon, and these people would wish that they'd only been bitten.

His dad would make them all pay.