And If I May Just Take Your Breath Away

Darcy had left Din and the kid alone for ten minutes.

They were on the Razor Crest traveling through hyperspace on their way to Nevarro.

Ten minutes and she came back up the ladder to find Din crouched in front of a vent saying, "The red wire," in a frustrated tone.

Darcy's eyes widened.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"We're having power issues, and I'm trying to get the kid to change out the wires," Din said like it was a regular thing for a small child to do.

Darcy didn't want to freak out on him, but it was their kid, in a vent, with wires. "Oh my God, Din! He's just a toddler!" She pushed him out of the way and took a look at the vent. It was wide enough that she would be able to squeeze her way inside.

If Clint Barton had taught her anything, it was getting into vents. Why Clint was super into crawling through the Stark Tower ventilation system, Darcy didn't know. She suspected it had something to do with prank wars and Die Hard being his favorite Christmas movie, though.

"It's not Christmas until we watch Hans Gruber fall from Nakatomi plaza, Darce."

"You know, if we watch Love Actually and then Die Hard, Alan Rickman will get punished for what he did to Emma Thompson. Okay, I'll accept Die Hard as a Christmas movie."

So, Darcy was staring at the vent and seeing that there was no way Din could fit in there.

He was too big and bulky. He had broad shoulders. Really, really, nice broad shoulders, and it was understandable that he'd need someone smaller. But the kid?

Darcy moved one arm and shoulder inside the vent, then her head, and finally her other side. It was definitely a tight squeeze, but she made it in, crawling towards the child. The kid stared at her, cooing as he held up the wire. "Be careful with that, buddy. I'll be there in just a second," she said. She finally made it to the child and got the wire from him. "What am I doing with this?" She called back. The kid giggled.

There was silence.

Was Din just staring at her ass?

"Din, babe. Stop staring and tell me what to do with the wire," she said, exasperated.

She had not intended to be getting into a vent today. They'd left Trask maybe an hour or so ago, and as soon as Din got them safely into hyperspace, he had been trying to get things repaired. The Mon Calamari man on Trask said he'd make the ship flyable, and that's all he did for a thousand credits.

Din cleared his throat. "Uh..." he said dumbly. He seemed to get his wits about him after a second, "The red wire needs to go where the blue is in the board," he said, his voice gruff. "But don't let the two wires touch."

Darcy nodded, tongue peaking out of her mouth as she concentrated on removing the blue wire and then put in the red wire. "Okay, it's done!" She put the blue wire aside, grabbed the kid, and started scooting back out of the tiny space. When her bottom half was out, Din's hands immediately went to her waist before groping her ass as he helped pull her out.

Darcy chuckled as she stood up, Din hovering over her.

"Are you gonna try the power now?" She asked, biting her lip, the kid held in her arms.

"Oh. Yes," he reluctantly moved back into the cockpit.

"Want some soup, little guy?" Darcy asked the kid. He smiled and babbled at her, which she took as a yes.

There was a sound from the ship like it was still struggling with the power. "Dank farrik," Din grumbled from the cockpit. She heard him flipping switches aggressively.