𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫

You were never a popular kid at your old school. Sure, you knew some people here and there and had a set of friends you stuck to, but you never considered yourself popular. There would be occasions where you'd get along with the well-known students, but you never got into that arena.

Maybe you were too weird, or too nice. You didn't know. There was just something you didn't have that they did. You didn't mind much though.

There would be occasions where you were jealous of how many guys liked a girl, or how many friends someone had, but in the end, you liked having a small group of people you could trust.

U.A is a whole other world though. Everyone knows your name, including people you don't recognize at all. There are so many eyes on you, so many people talking with you and about you, it's kind of overwhelming. But it's also exhilarating. Never have you had so much attention before. And you have to admit, it's pretty nice.

"You ready to go?" Ashido asks, pulling you out of your thoughts. You smile at her, straightening your back, and stepping away from your locker.

She's your closest friend currently, and one of the main reasons why you're so popular, having quite the crowd herself. It's not that surprising, considering how much of a social butterfly she is.

Despite her social nature, she still chooses to stick with one group. Which is the flirtatious class clown Kaminari, the chill but funny Sero, the manly jock Kirishima, and, unfortunately, Bakugo.

You enjoy being around them for the most part, but Bakugo is hard to deal with. He's always so loud, yelling too damn much, too cocky, and has an extremely short temper. He isn't too interested in you though, so the only interaction you two have is occasional arguing from a snippy comment you make, that always ends with him shouting and pissing you off even more.

"Yeah, I'm ready." You nod, walking down the hall with the pink-haired girl.

It's the end of the school day, with many off to go home or do whatever, while the athletes have to stay for their practices. That includes everyone in the group, since Ashido is the captain of the cheerleading team, and is in charge of the dance squad, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Bakugo are on the varsity baseball team and Sero on the track team.

It's too late in the year for you to join a team, so you don't have any extracurriculars. Your mother is away at work, and you don't feel like staying alone at home all the time, so a few times a week, you join the others after school, watching practices, mainly Mina's.

There is an hour of free time before their practices, which they all spend walking to the shopping center right by the school and grabbing something to eat. And that's where you're walking right now.

"We should go get some McDonald's," Kaminari says as you all walk past the fast-food restaurant.

"Hell no." Bakugo is quick to retort, not even giving the place a second glance. Kaminari pouts. "Why not? It's just one time."

"Because that shit is unhealthy. Everything in there is greasy and fattening. You eat anything like that before practice, you'll probably end up barfing it all up or clogging your arteries and dying, dumbass. And I don't want to be the one that has to carry your body off the field." Bakugo rants.

"Bakugo's right, man. Nothing in there is healthy. Not even their salads." Kirishima agrees.

"I don't even know how you guys can eat before your practices. I usually have to wait at least three hours before or else I hurl." You chime in, joining their conversation.

"That's probably because you eat too heavily, and your weak stomach can't handle it." Bakugo unscrews the cap of his water bottle, taking a sip.

You roll your eyes at him when his back is turned, mimicking him under your breath. Mina and Sero notice, laughing at your actions.

After you all grab something to eat, everyone heads back to get changed in the locker rooms, while you wait outside. Mina says you can come in, since you're both girls, and it doesn't really matter, but you're not getting changed, so you don't see the point.

Once she's done changing, she goes out to practice on the field, where the soccer team is practicing, and the track team is running. Meanwhile, you sit on the bleachers, doing your homework as she practices.

--

A loud crackle erupts as Bakugo smacks the ball with his bat, making it soar out of the baseball field, all the way to the track, maybe even past it to the soccer field. Home run.

"Jesus, Bakugo. It's just another practice. You're hitting so hard you'll end up breaking your bat again." Kaminari says, throwing a ball to Ojiro.

"I'll be fine." Bakugo eyes his wooden bat, checking it for any cracks. There's a small one on the side, a pain he'll deal with later. He really should switch to practicing with metal bats, he's already broken two in the past month, and it's costing him a fortune, as well as nagging from his mother.

"That was the last one," Kirishima calls, looking in the bucket of baseballs and seeing that there's nothing left.

With that, Bakugo's off, rushing around the field and grabbing any baseball he can get, Midoriya right on his tail. Being the competitive guys they are, the two try to beat each other on how many baseballs they can collect after hitting. Bakugo typically wins more, his record being 151 while Midoriya's is 149.

"You better run, Deku. Cause I'm about to get a new record!" Bakugo calls out to him, tossing the baseballs into the pail he has in hand, getting all he can.

It's close enough to beat his record, but there are no more baseballs insight. He then remembers the home runs he hit, rushing out to the field. He searched for the ball but completely forgets about the competition when you come into his sight.

You, sitting there at the bleachers and doing your homework, scribbling something down in your binder. A group of guys on the soccer team Bakugo recognizes come to talk to you, and judging by their body language, they're hitting on you.

They're a trio. Itsuki, Riku, and Ren. Now, Bakugo didn't know if they were true or not, but he heard rumors about those three harassing girls. No one confirmed it to him, but-

Wait, why the hell is he worrying about you? You should be the least of his concerns. You are the least of his concerns.

He shakes his head, looking for the baseball, but then sees Deku, holding it with a proud smile on his face. "Maybe next time, Kaa-Chan."