𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲

Here you stand, with a blanket draped over your shoulders, watching as Bakugo explains the situation to Mr.Aizawa and the cops. There's a consistent flash of red and blue, thanks to the four police cars on the scene, and you can't help but stare at the lights.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)?" A voice calls, making you snap back to reality, and stare at the detective standing before you. "I know this is very difficult for you, but I just need you to answer a few more questions for me."

"C-can Bakugo stand with me? I want him here." Is all you respond with, staring at the blonde boy, itching for him to be here with you. To comfort you. To hold you.

"I'm sorry, but you need to answer these questions on your own. You can see him in a minute or so, okay?" She tells you, and you nod, reluctantly answering her questions to the best you can, despite your mental state.

Once she lets you go, you go to see Bakugo, before Mr.Aizawa steps in the way. "How are you doing? Do you need anything?"

His voice is surprisingly comforting, and he's resting a gentle hand on your shoulder. Normally, he's distant with his students, so his kindness surprises you. Then again, you did just go through something very traumatic.

"I'm fine, thank you. I just want to talk to Bakugo." You say, trying to make your way past him. But once again, you're stopped. "Sorry, Bakugo's still talking to the police. You can't talk to him yet."

"Is he in trouble or something? He didn't do anything wrong. He saved me." You tell him, growing more anxious by the second.

"I can assure you Bakugo's fine. They're just trying to get his side of the story. It might take a while, though, so just take a seat. I'll wait with you." He tells you.

So, you sit with Aizawa on the front steps of the school, waiting impatiently to see Bakugo, staring at him, unable to look away.

The moment he's free, you practically jump up from your seat, running over to him. You can feel the tears welling up in your eyes as you find yourself crashing into his chest, hugging him tightly. He hugs you back, squeezing you just as tight.

"I'm so sorry this happened. Are you okay?" He asks, wiping away the tears streaming down your face gently.

You nod, placing your hand over his, and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Thank you for being there for me tonight. I-I mean if you weren't, who knows what could've happened. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Before you can continue your conversation, the sound of your mom's shouts gets your attention, causing you to pull away from him. Your mom dawned in her nurse scrubs, (after she left early from work) runs over to you, wrapping her arms around you.

"Oh, my baby." She says, pulling you into a bear hug. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? You got a bruise on your cheek."

"It's okay mama. I'm okay now." You tell her, hugging her back tightly. Still, you can't help the tears welling up in your eyes. "Bakugo helped me. He saved me."

"I'm just glad you're okay. Go sit in the car, I need to talk to a few people." She instructs, and you can't help but hesitate.

"Can I say bye to Bakugo first?" She sighs softly, nodding. So, you walk back over to him, hugging him once again.

"I'll text you. Thanks again." He nods in response, hugging you back before you finally have to let him go. You go back to the car, waiting there, while your mom stays and talks to the police and everyone.

After a few minutes or so of talking to the police and Mr.Aizawa to get a full understanding of what happened, your Mom turns to leave, but not before she stops to speak with Bakugo.

"Thanks for helping my daughter tonight. I'm glad you were there for her, and I'm glad she's friends with you." She admits.

Bakugo can only nod in response, unable to speak. It's not like there's anything important to say anyways. He's just glad you're safe.

He stands and watches as your mother walks back to the car, pulling out from her parking spot and driving away, his eyes not leaving the car until it was out of his sight.

--

Bakugo's shaky, blood-covered hands grip the sink tightly as he stares into his mirror. Despite it all happening hours ago, he's only now processing everything.

He saved you, again. This time you saw it happen. Thank god Aizawa came in when he did because if he hadn't intervened, Bakugo probably would've beat those bastards to death right in front of you.

He didn't kill them, and you thanked him. As he starts to wash his hands, he replays your words in his mind over and over again.

"Thank you for being there for me tonight. I mean, if you weren't, who knows what could've happened? I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

The words repeated over and over in Bakugo's mind, and the way you looked at him, with desperation and need made him realize something. You finally want him, just as much as he wants you.

God, he's after everything he's done, after how long he's waited, how hard he's worked, he's finally done it. He can't help but feel excited, giddy even.

And it doesn't hurt that he's got your mother's approval too. Now is his chance. Now he's finally got you as close as he wants you to be, and he can keep you, as his.

Unable to help his excitement, he grabs his phone and types up a text. After retyping it a few times to make sure it doesn't come out too strong or crazy, he sends it.

Bakugo: I'm here for you. If you need anything lmk. [11:02]

Bakugo: Get some rest.

He doesn't expect you to answer. It's late, after all. It's very late for him, but he doesn't feel like sleeping, not after everything that happened. He debates on calling Kirishima and explaining what happened to him but decides not to. He doesn't want to get nagged for stalking you (which is how he managed to save you so quickly.) and he feels like enjoying it.

This is a big win, after all, and he needs to bathe in it. Minus the worry he feels for you and the murderous rage for those sick pieces of shit, he feels good. No, not good. He feels fucking great.