𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭

Bakugo has been looking forward to this all day, and now, it all seems so close, considering how he just finished baseball practice. "So, you're heading to (y/n)'s place after this, huh? Good luck, man."

Kirishima teases, and Bakugo wishes just once for his friend to not bring you up in front of the others, especially not Denki. They always manage to irritate the shit out of him. Lord forbid that Bakugo can't control his feelings around one girl, and they never let him live it down.

"Don't make it weird, shitty hair. It's not like I want to. We have to work on this dumbass project together outside of school." Bakugo replies, keeping his eyes forward and ignoring his friends' stares.

"Right, and you're just making a pit stop at the showers before?" Kaminari teases, earning an angry "Fuck off!" In response.

Bakugo doesn't want to be all sweaty the first time he's in your house. Well, the first time he's invited into your house. He also wants to make sure he can deal with any unwanted tension, instead of keeping it all pent up inside and doing something he might regret.

After a forty-five-minute shower, where he got out all the fantasies that had been going through his mind today, he gets changed into some fresh new clothes and is off to your place.

--

You answer the door with a big grin on your face, making Bakugo's heart race. It almost seems like you're happy to see him. Like you're happy to have him here. "Come on in."

Bakugo follows you inside, pretending as if he hasn't seen this all before. "Sorry about the mess. I don't really have people over and my Mom and I haven't had time to unpack."

"It's fine." Bakugo shrugs, his eyes scanning the room, looking at the moving boxes and junk all cluttered around.

You saunter over to the kitchen, moving to the cabinets, and going through them. "So, I was thinking, how about we work on the project down here, in the living room? I already got a setup made and stuff."

Bakugo looks at the coffee table you point to, one that has papers, binders, textbooks, and your pencil pouch all neatly put together. There's also an open space next to it, where Bakugo supposed he'll be putting his things.

Walking over to the couch, Bakugo drops his bag down, taking a seat and putting his feet up on the table. He cranes his neck to look over at you, seeing you pull two bowls out of the cabinet, shutting it behind you.

"So I was thinking before we start, we could eat. I found this spicy ramen recipe and I know you haven't been able to eat because you've been at baseball practice for a while and-"

"No." He interrupts, making you pause, not expecting that at all. "We need to focus on our work, the faster we get to work, the faster we get it done."

Of course, he has to fight you on this. You cross your arms, giving him a skeptical look. "It wouldn't kill you to take a break, you know. And I know that you haven't eaten since lunch which is now...six hours ago. So, I know for a fact you are hungry, and you're going to eat, no questions about it. You seem like a spicy ramen type of guy, so that's just what I'm going to make."

Deny it all he wants, Bakugo knows he's hungry, and you do too. He sits back, watching as you turn on the stove and boil the water, pour the noodles into the bowl gently. It smells great, and Bakugo does his best to quiet his stomach growling by clearing his throat, hiding his drool. He's starving.

It only takes fifteen or twenty minutes and the food's ready, you place the bowls on the island in the kitchen, gesturing for him to come take a seat.

Bakugo didn't realize you could cook. This is some of the best ramen he's ever had. You study his expression with a smirk, before slurping up some of the noodles yourself. "Good, huh? Yeah, I've been cooking for myself for a while, so, I've learned to master some recipes."

Bakugo knows that. Whenever you're home, you're usually alone. That's why you normally like spending time at your friends like Mina's. The only time he even sees your mother is when she's leaving for work. And as far as he can see, you don't live with your father. You never even mention him.

--

After you both finished your food, you got to work. While Bakugo is really high strung and tense about finishing everything, you still manage to get some fun out of it. Even though he is a bit of a jerk, you find yourself enjoying your conversations with Bakugo.

"You know, you're not that bad, Bakugo. Maybe I misjudged you." You say with a grin, nudging him slightly. You're both sitting together on the couch, close together, a small gap of space between you two. You don't pay any mind to it, but Bakugo does.

"The hell's that supposed to mean?" He cocks an eyebrow at you, inching away slightly. He's too close to you. He can smell your perfume and shampoo and it's clouding his thoughts. He wants to kiss you, but he knows he can't.

"Nothing." You giggle to yourself, before turning back down to the paper, moving a hair behind your ear. Your eyes are focused on the paper as you scribble something down, and Bakugo pretends he's looking at what you're writing, when he's really just looking at you.

Maybe this is okay. Maybe he should move closer. And so, he starts to inch towards you, getting closer and closer, before-

"(Y/n), why do you have a boy over?" Your mother asks, making you look up at her. She seems angry, confused, and concerned.

"I texted you earlier, mama. I told you I was going to have a boy over to help me study." You explain, calming her. She lets out a long sigh, pulling her phone from her purse and checking it. "I must've not seen them."

"Here. Why don't we go talk?" You ask, pointing to another room down the hall, one with a door. As you walk over with your mother, you give an apologetic glance to Bakugo, before putting a finger up, signaling you need a moment.

Once you leave the room, Bakugo can hear the quiet conversation in the other room. "Honey, I just don't like the idea of you at home alone with a boy this late."

"Mama, I just lost track of time, and we weren't doing anything, I promise. But we've talked about this. I'm eighteen, I'm an adult. I can make my own choices."

Your mother lets out a long sigh, before continuing. "You're right, I'm sorry. I've just been stressed out because of work and your father is driving me up a wall."

"He needs to get a job. I can help-"

"Baby, no. You can get a job over the summer before you go to college. Right now, I just want you to focus on school and enjoy your freedom." She interrupts you, and with that, your conversation is over, finishing with "I love yous" and your mother walking up the stairs.

You walk over to Bakugo, smiling tiredly. "I'm sorry about that. It's getting late, and we have school tomorrow, so I guess we'll continue later?"

"Yeah." He agrees gruffly, standing up and slinging his bag over his shoulder before walking off.

"Have a good night." You call after him. Bakugo pauses for a moment, before turning back to you. "Bye."

And with that, he's gone, walking off into the night.