𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

[TW: HEAVY MENTIONS OF SUICIDE IN CHAPTER, SKIP IF NEEDED AND DM FOR A RECAP!]

After parking, Bakugo walks over to the spot he was told to meet at, awaiting further instruction. He did as told, showing up at nine, but there's no one there. A long five minutes pass, and he wonders if this is all some trick. If he's just going to be stuck waiting for no one.

But then, a car pulls up, and he watches as that person comes into view, recognizing them as they get closer and closer. It's Mina, with a smug smirk on her face.

"Well, well, looks like things have changed huh? Karma really is a bitch."

He should've fucking known it was her. Of course, it was her. She's psycho for you, after all. "What do you want?"

"What do I want? Hmmm, that's a good question. Maybe I'll torture you the same way you did with me, and make you stay away from (y/n), having to watch me court her and make her mine. But Nah, I'm thinking of something else." She tells him, smiling that sick smile. The one where she knows she has him right where she wants him.

"Just get on with it." He snaps impatiently, anxious to hear her demands.

"How about you make things easier for everyone, and just turn yourself in. But first, I want you to call (y/n) and tell her everything you've done."
He can't do that. He can't. You wouldn't understand, and it's not be the right time or place to tell you, if he ever does tell you.

"Where's your proof, huh? Don't forget that she thinks you're a total creep. It's my word against yours." He calls her bluff.

"I figured you say something like that. Here, look at this. Seem very familiar? It's the pictures you blackmailed me with." Mina shows him a picture of him holding the pictures. "She doesn't know I had those, so from what this looks like, you're the creep."

Bakugo's hands balled up into fists, and he gritted his teeth, glaring at her. She only laughed at his expression. "Yep, you're fucked. Better get to calling."

She showed him her phone, with the incriminating picture in hand. All she has to do
is press the button, and it'll be sent.

So Bakugo did something. He did something he didn't want to do.

--

You're just about to fall asleep, when your phone dings, indicating that you got a text. You figure that it'll be okay to check one more text, so, you do. But what you see shocks you.

Mina: I know you probably hate me right now, but I just wanted to say thank you for being such a great friend to me. I'm sorry that we had to end the way we did, and I'm thankful for everything, but I just can't take it anymore. Every time I wake up, I feel like I can't move. I feel like I'm suffocating. Everything just hurts so much. Truthfully, I hate myself. I hate who I am and all the things I've done, and I feel like I have no purpose..not anymore. It feels like something is weighing me down, and every second I'm alive, it just feels heavier and heavier, and I need to be free. I'm so sorry for everything I've done, but I think my story's finally over. Love you always, Mina

You feel like you can't breathe. This can't be real.  Please, no, don't let this be real. You're hyperventilating, and the next thing you know, you're dialing up Mina's number, trying to get her to pick up.

It rings a few times before you hear her voicemail. You swear, throwing your phone angrily. You can't wait around to pick up, you need to take action, now.

You're stuck at home, and your mother's picking up someone's shift, so she won't be home until the morning, and Mina's house is over twenty miles away from your place.

So, you decide to call Sero next. Thankfully, he's just as awake and worried as you are. "You got the text too?"

"Y-yeah. Can you do me a really big favor, and-"

"Don't worry, I'm driving over to her place right now." You let out a small sigh of relief. You don't know what you'd do without him.

While you are slightly relieved, you're still anxious and afraid, pacing around the room and waiting for Sero to tell you what's going on when he gets there.

"Shit." You hear him say, making you fear the worst. "What? What is it?"

"There's a bunch of cop cars. They're blocking the house." You listen as he gets out of the car, and starts running, the sound of other voices echoing over the phone.

"Kid, you can't be here-"

"She's my friend, I need to see her!" You hear Sero say, his voice is desperate. There's a bit of a struggle, and then you hear Sero murmur something under his breath before he brings his phone up to his ear.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). She's gone."

--

Those words destroyed you. You've never lost anyone in your life before, and then you lose Mina like this? It's just not fair.

You grab Sero's shirt tightly, sobbing and sobbing, while he holds you closely, rocking you back and forth and rubbing soothing circles into your back. "It's all my fault. If I hadn't been so fucking stupid-"

"No, it's not. You didn't know she was going to do this. No one did. Mina's the last person you'd expect to..." Sero trails off, getting all choked up.

"But m-maybe if I paid a little more attention. If I-I did something. If I became friends with her again, m-maybe things would be different." You speak between sobs, your throat getting all sore from crying so much.

"(Y/n) it's not your fault. This whole thing was out of your control. So, please stop blaming yourself." He holds your face in his hands, causing you to stare up at him blearily, tears still streaming down your face.

He wipes them away, before pressing his forehead against yours. You wrap your arms around his neck, holding him close to you.

"Promise me you won't leave Sero. Promise me you'll be best friends with me until we get all old and wrinkled, a-and we'll go to each other's weddings, and have our kids play together. I know that's probably not going to happen, but j-just stay with me, for now at least."

He kisses your forehead, smiling down at you softly, his eyes all glassy from crying. "I promise."

You let out a shaky sigh of relief, hiding your face in the crook of his neck, and holding onto him tightly. "I love you, so, so, much."

"I love you too." And the two of you sit there, holding each other and crying for the next couple of hours until you fall asleep in his arms.