𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

You can't help but notice that Sero's missing from school. Now you're really worried. Where could he be? You know he's skipped from time to time, but not this much. Not missing every single day, for the past week.

He wouldn't do that much to get away from you, would he? You can barely focus in class anymore because of it. You know you need to, because finals are less than a month away, even though you just finished your midterms. But that's the price of going to a good school, you suppose.

Things just aren't the same. You feel so alone without him. No friends, no one to talk to,  and no one to eat lunch with.

Today, you find yourself torn between where you should sit. You could sit in the hall and eat by yourself again, or there's a table with Ochako, Midoriya, Iida, Tsuyu, and Shouto, or a table with Bakugo and Kirishima.

Maybe you should sit with Bakugo. You don't care about how awkward the whole masturbation thing was anymore, more focused on what's going on with Sero. They are his friends, too. Maybe they have some answers.

So, taking a deep breath, you walk over to their table. "Hey, is it okay if I sit here?"

"Go for it," Kirishima tells you with a warm smile. You try your best to return the favor, before digging into your food.

You messed with it awkwardly, unsure of what to do or say, occasionally glancing at the two boys. Don't avoid the elephant in the room. Just ask. It'll be fine.

After taking some long sips of your drink, you take a small breath. Here goes nothing. "Have you guys seen Sero? I just noticed he hasn't been at school and all, and he hasn't been answering my texts."

Bakugo and Kirishima trade glances before looking back at you. "What? What is it?"

"Nothing...we just thought you knew." Kirishima murmurs. "Knew what?"

"Sero moved away on Sunday. It was super sudden, but apparently, his family's been planning this for some time. He never told anyone, though. Just didn't want to say goodbye, I guess."

Your heart feels like it just shattered into a million pieces. Why didn't he ever tell you? Why did he even ask you on a date? Was he going to take you on the date but his parents got in the way?

Whatever, it doesn't matter now. He's gone. Feeling the tears well up in your eyes, you take a deep breath, excuse yourself, and running out to the hallway, leaving your tray. You're not hungry anymore.

--

Kirishima and Bakugo both watch as you run out, holding your face and not trying to cry in front of them. The scene is heartbreaking, and neither of them know what to do.

"I can't believe you did that. Why didn't you just call me and tell me what happened with Sero? Maybe I could've calmed you down, and we could've talked it out with him, and he would be alive right now." Kirishima mutters, shaking his head.

"Shut up. What's done is done. I can't take it back now, even if I wanted to." Bakugo hisses, and Kirishima gets up, muttering swears under his breath.

Before he can walk away though, Bakugo grabs his arm, stopping him. "Wait, sorry. I'm sorry. Don't go. I need your help."

"I just, I don't know what to do. How do I fix this? I mean, she hasn't been herself. I've been watching, and she's so sad. I want- I need for her to feel better." Bakugo confesses.

"You want to fix this? You can start by not killing any more of our friends." Kirishima mutters to him. "Okay, I get it. I fucked up, I'm sorry, okay? And I promise, I won't- I won't hurt anyone else."

"Good. Now, you want to get close to her? Then you should comfort her. Let her know you're someone she can lean on. That's how Sero was for her, and you can see how close they got." Kirishima tells him.

"How do I do that?" Bakugo asks, having no idea what to do, considering his hostile and closed-off nature.

Kirishima sighs, shaking his head. "Just, follow my lead."

Grabbing his and your trays, Kirishima walks out of the cafeteria. Bakugo does the same, following after him. The two boys walk down the hallway, past the other students sitting and eating, searching for you.

On the opposite side, there's the sound of soft sniffles. The boys follow it, hearing quiet sobs, before they find you, sitting in the corner, hugging your knees to your chest and crying softly.

You look up, spotting the two boys, causing you to wipe your tears and stare at your feet. "God this is so embarrassing. Sorry, I'll just-"

"No, no it's okay. We're here for you." Kirishima tells you, sitting down beside you and placing his tray on the floor, and handing you yours. Bakugo sits down on your other side, doing the same.

"It's funny. You know how Sero and I got close? I was sitting in the hallway crying about- well it's not important now, and he came out here and comforted me." You tell them with a small laugh, brushing away the tears.

"I just...I can't believe he's gone. I thought he really liked me...we were even planning on a date and everything, and then he just bailed out of the blue. I don't get it. Is there something wrong with me? Something that makes everyone in my life want to leave? First Mina, and now Sero.."

You get all choked up, and you can't help the tears that fall down your cheeks, crying once again. Kirishima puts a gentle hand around your shoulder rubbing it gently and attempting to comfort you.

Bakugo watches him and tries to do the same, reaching out for you, but hesitates, unsure of what to do, not knowing what would be right, and what would make you uncomfortable.

"There's nothing wrong with you, (y/n). Stuff just happens, and there's nothing you can do about it. That's life. And don't worry because you have us, and we're not going anywhere, like it or not," Kirishima remarks, making you giggle between sobs, grinning at him.

Taking a deep breath, Bakugo reaches over, tapping his pinky against yours. Glancing over at him, you tap back, letting him intertwine his hand with yours, holding it gently.

"That means you're stuck with me, dumbass," Bakugo remarks, giving your hand a soft squeeze, and using his thumb to caress the back of it. "Yeah, I guess so."

If you're being honest, being stuck with Kirishima and Bakugo doesn't seem that bad. Not that bad at all.