𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞

Bakugo glares at the test that is handed back to him with a frown. He got an A-minus. This is the first time he got an A-minus since his sophomore year, and he isn't happy about it at all.

It's all your fault. It was you who switched shampoos to something even more ambrosial, that left Bakugo completely distracted in most of his classes especially in pre-calc, where you sit right next to him, while they were discussing factoring, he was glancing over at you, doing his best to not glance at your lacy pink bra that slightly shows through your white uniform.

You're intoxicating, and Bakugo feels like he's drowning in you at this point. It's not that he likes you, it's just- You are just...you. And he can't stand it.

He runs a hand through his spiky ash-blonde locks, groaning to himself in frustration. Fuck, what is he going to do?

The next thing he knows, the bell rings and the period is over, and he's walking down the hall with Kirishima, his test crumpled up in his backpack. "Jeez, what's up with you man? Why're you pouting? You haven't said shit since you left math."

"I'm not pouting! I'm fine, okay? I'm just thinking." Bakugo snaps, while Kirishima barely even flinches, used to his friend's explosive temper.

"That's bs. I've known you since we were freshmen, Bakugo. I can tell when something's up." When his blonde companion doesn't reply, Kirishima keeps on pushing him. "You mess up on a test or something? I heard everyone did shitty on that pre-calc assessment."

"No it's not- I just got an A-minus." He admits, nostrils flaring slightly with frustration.

"An A-minus? Dude, you're fine. I have a C in that class. A lot of people are failing it." Kirishima reassures him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Bakugo huffs and shoves it off. "Well, I'm not like you and a lot of people. I'm better than a lot of people."

And he is. Bakugo knows he is. He's better than everybody. He has to be. Or else he's nothing.

"Right. What's got you so distracted anyways? Something like this hasn't happened in a long time. So it must be something new. Something that's changed." The redhead rubs his chin, deep in thought. And then, it hits him.

"It's (y/n), isn't it? You like her, don't you?"

"What? No, I don't. I don't even know her and she's annoying. I don't give a fuck about her." Bakugo retorts defensively, and Kirishima just hums in skepticism.

"Hey, Bakugo!" You call out, making him look over his shoulder at you rushing down the hallway, waving at him and trying to catch up with him.

Kirishima smirks, giving Bakugo's shoulder a small pat, walking off ahead of him. "Have fun, bro."

That's ridiculous. Bakugo doesn't like you. He can barely stand you as it is. Why in the world would he like you?

Katsuki Bakugo doesn't do crushes in general. They're too distracting, too in the way of his goal of playing college baseball and being scouted for a team in the major leagues. Sure, he's taken a few girls out to dinner, fucked them, and was done with them, but he's never had a crush on anybody, and he never will. (Besides his celebrity crush, Miruko.) Not until he reaches his goal and dream.

"Mind if we talk?" You ask as you manage to catch up with him. He sighs, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So I was thinking, since we have every class together, and we're friends with all the same people, why don't we have a truce? Let's at least try to get along, especially since we have to spend so much time together." You tell him.

"What the hell are you saying?" He's confused by your words, catching onto some, others going in one ear and out the other. How can he listen when you're standing so damn close to him?

You take a breath of annoyance, repeating yourself. "I'm saying that since we have to be together so much, why don't we just try to tolerate each other? It's much easier that way."

"So, what do you say? Friends? Want to shake on it?" You raise your hand to him with a smile, wiggling your fingers.

He eyes your hand, before smacking it away. Muttering a small "Whatever."

"Is that a yes whatever or a no whatever?" You ask, pressuring him even more for an answer.

"Yes, alright?!" He snaps, and he grows even more annoyed when you don't flinch. You just smile at him, with that stupid, big, wide grin on your face. "Great. Now that that's settled, you want to walk to physics together?"

Bakugo feels his heart jump out of his chest, his face growing hot. You want to be around him? Even though he's been nothing but horrible to you? What is up with you? You're worse than that damn Deku.

"I'm not a damn charity case. Find someone else to cling onto." He hisses poisonously, using the harsh words to defend himself and push you away. But it doesn't work.

"I'm not trying to-" You inhale, trying to push back your frustration, finding a better way to phrase your words. "I'm not saying we have to hold hands or anything, but you're the only person I sort of know in all of my classes, and it would be easier if I had someone to talk to."

Bakugo lets out a long groan. "Fine, but only for today, got it?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Bakugo. I really appreciate it." You smile at him. Like actually smile. And he has to tell himself that he's going to hate this, even though he knows that can't be anything further from the truth.

The day passes by quickly, and Bakugo finds himself needing to spend time with you again. Needing to see you again. Maybe he will walk with you to class. For just a few more classes.

All Bakugo knows is that he's insatiable, and he needs more.