Chapter 7

Date: 22nd June
Time: 11:45 AM

Kenma's POV

I couldn't sleep last night. I don't sleep much anyway, but I'm rarely up all night crying... so I couldn't manage to go to school today. Lied to my mum that I was feeling a little feverish. Wait, that wasn't much of a lie maybe... I'm feeling feverish, very much, and as if I'd throw up any second. I think mom knew I was kinda lying. She gave me a little sad smile and closed the door without any further questions.

I remember leaving that goddamn diary at that bench last night, but when I reached home it was sitting on my bed as if I never even took it out... and it was... shining. Yeah, it was shining. To my further annoyance, when I opened it, it had a message written in bad handwriting, saying "Hey there, looks like you got your diary finally... Happy birthday". No, my dear dumbass soulmate, I got it a long time back. I didn't want to reply... so I just left it there.

I HATE THIS OTHER PERSON.

Time: 4:00 PM

Hinata's POV

The school wasn't a good place today. I was at least hoping to see Kenma but he didn't come. I had to hold my pieces together, and it wasn't very easy to do. I think Yachi knew something was off with me because she kept giving me pity, sad and confused looks... was it that obvious? I don't know, I'm not very good at hiding emotions anyway.

I got home from school and saw that box still laying on my bed. The sight of it made anxiety take over my whole existence. But I had to open it... I had to see what was in there... so I did. And I wish I hadn't... I wish I had just thrown it out.

There was a little note saying, "No matter soulmates or not, you'd be the first person I've ever loved... and the person I've loved the most ❤". With that, there were around 50 polaroids of us and some of me.