Chapter 5

Date: 21st June
Time: around 8:30 AM
Place: at school

Hinata ran and hung himself on Kenma's shoulders as soon as he saw him approaching the school.

"Happy birthday sunshine", Kenma said as he turned towards Hinata. He hugged him hard and gave him the sweetest forehead kiss ever. In return, Hinata gave him a million-dollar smile which was enough to brighten up his whole week, "thanks a lot ken-ken..!!".

Almost the whole school knew the relationship between the setter and the MB... and everyone believed that their strong relationship was the reason behind their insane attacks.

Kenma walked Hinata to his class and gave a little kiss on his hand before leaving him there... on his way back to his classroom, his mind was half occupied by that precious grin, and half with the virtual setting of the scene and reactions after they reveal the truth.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

Date: 21st June
Time: 12:15 PM
Place: Nekoma high, cafeteria

"Kuroo-san, tell me what happens when someone defies the diary? Why do people have to follow that stupid thing anyway?", Kageyama asked his captain, (and now kind of a therapist), as he tried to put money into the vending machine.

"Because there's no such thing as defying the fate Kageyama. You'll end up with the one chosen for you no matter what. There's no way you can avoid your destiny", Kuroo replied.

Kageyama nodded as he got his answer. He looked at his milk pack which was stuck in the vending machine. "How do I get this oouuttt??"

He punched the machine a few times and then shook it real hard before the stuck milk pack fell into the tray.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

Time skip
Time: after school, on a date
Place: Miyagi,
Hinata and Kenma at their fav cafe

The waiter arrived at their table, asking them what they'd like to get. After browsing through the menu for a while, trying to find something new (but failing), Hinata ordered his favorite boba coffee and a cheesecake, and Kenma ordered their signature apple pie.

They sat side by side, sharing the earphones, playing their collaborative playlist... full of songs that remind them of each other. "It'll stay here even when we're not", Kenma had said the day they decided to make that playlist.

🎶if I lay here if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?🎶

For a few hours, they did forget the world. There was no diary, there was no stupid shit that'd break them apart... all there was, were them, the seconds they were spending together, and those lovely songs. "Just if I could freeze time", Hinata thought to himself as he laced his fingers with Kenma. 

They made themselves comfortable on a bench by the side of a river, watching the sun setting into the flowing water, the sky painted in pretty colors. They shared that priceless silence with Kenma's head on Hinata's shoulder. But they knew, they knew it was the time they talked about *it*.

Kenma slightly propped his head up and stuttered, "H-hey Hinata". He already knew what Kenma was gonna talk about. "But why?", he thought to himself. 

There was no answer for a few long seconds, and then Hinata asked, "do we... Do we have to?".

"For how long will we run from the truth, and for how far?", Kenma said. They didn't know if "the truth" was gonna keep them together or rip them apart. They could've just ignored it maybe, but it was all just about time. 

Hinata tilted his head up, trying to send those tears back, and said, "well, it felt kinda good that you remember it... haha". A feeble attempt to stay cheerful. 

"How can I not..."

Hinata met Kenma's eyes filled with tears while crying himself as well... yes, there was a possibility of them being soulmates, but there was an equal chance that they won't be, and that was scary.

Kenma caressed his boyfriend's cheek before pulling him into a light kiss, which lasted for quite long, but not long enough. Somehow, that felt more painful than it was supposed to be. Both of them had the same thing on their mind "is this gonna be our last kiss??".

"Shouyo, I love you so much. You're beautiful", Kenma's calm voice cracked.

"I love you too Kenma, I always will", Hinata replied while pulling his boyfriend into another brief kiss. That wasn't enough. Nothing was enough. "Even a whole lifetime wouldn't be enough", Hinata thought as he shuffled in his bag trying to find the diary. 

Tears still running down, they pulled out their diaries and pens

"Ready?", Hinata looked at Kenma with blurry eyes. 

"Not really... But uhmm, yeah okay", Kenma replied. How could he ever be "ready" for such a thing?? "Stupid question. Stupid Hinata."

Hinata extended his shivering hand and said, "hold my hand, please?"

Kenma quickly wiped his tears, "sure... here". Kenma passed him a smile which was sad,  yet comforting in some way. Hinata wondered from where did he pull that courage to smile? Hands trembling, they wrote it together.

Hinata: "hey?"

Kenma: "okay"

Kenma's hand squeezed harder on Hinata's... but... but Hinata's grip loosened... shivering, they turned their notebooks to each other... Hinata's text was still blue, while Kenma's had already turned green.

They looked at each other, but now everything was different. EVERYTHING. They weren't destined to be together. This wasn't the last time they'd fall in love. The person next to them wasn't "the one". All the energy and love they put in, didn't that add up to anything?? Why? Why does the world have to be this way? Why can't they just be with the person they want to? Why does destiny have to be so cruel? 

It felt as if life has been drained out of them. It was getting harder to breathe, or even exist for that matter. Their hands dropped and they sunk in their places, falling into a bottomless pit of darkness. 

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌[Word Count - 997]

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
[Word Count - 997]

A/N- Ayo everyone..!!  Okay, I don't know If I'm any good at writing angsts. This was my first time (〒﹏〒).

Also, if you don't remember...
Blue text - soulmate didn't receive the message (happens only when they haven't turned 16 yet)
Green text - soulmate has received the message
Red text - soulmate has seen the message

Anygays, I hope you liked it. Trust me, there's a lot to come. I can't wait to share the whole story with y'all aahahahahahah. But yeah, please wait in suspense.

I'm thinking of making a "in pain with Kenma" playlist. So I'll add the link whenever it'll be ready, haha. I'll also make the kagehina collaborative playlist that I mention. STAY TUNED.

Wish you a good whatever time it is at your place <3

TAKE LOVE ❤️