Chapter 38

Time: 5:56 PM
Place: Kuroo and Kenma's room

"Kuroo~", Kenma shook him slightly. "Kuroo, wake up. It's almost 6 PM"

Kuroo stirred on his bed and pulled Kenma to himself. Kenma was annoyed at first, but when Kuroo pulled him closer and buried his face into the crook of his neck... it somehow calmed him down. He laid there, running his fingers through his soulmate's hair, and spoke softly, "Roo, get up... we gotta go".

"Can't we just stay here, like this? Please?"

"Don't you wanna go on a dinner date then?"

"Ugh, okay sir. I'll wake up", Kuroo mocked him. He unwillingly climbed out of the bed and got dressed. Kenma watched him as he slid his t-shirt over his head, "those arms are never gonna get old"

"Aye! Creep..!!", Kuroo screamed, "now admit it that you were checking me out..!!", he laughed. "Yes, I was checking you out. I don't have to think twice now", Kenma walked to him and wrapped his arms around his waist, laying his head on his chest. "You're kinda mine to check out", he chuckled. Kuroo got all flustered and hugged him back.

They closed their room and walked out, it was almost 6:20 PM.

"Who eats dinner this early, Kenma?", Kuroo asked, "you could've easily let me sleep for a while. And you could've slept with me... but no!! You had to wake me up... aaaaaa"

"Stop whining Kuroo, you're out now", Kenma snapped. "Well, I was wondering if you read books?"

"Yes, I definitely read books. What do you think people who don't play games, or do art, spend their time with?"

"On Instagram? Like any normal teenager?"

"No, Kenma... Instagram isn't that good nowadays. Yes, I read books... a lot of them", Kuroo replied. He took pride in reading books in the era of phones and social media.

"Okay, then let's spend our remaining time at a bookstore", Kenma suggested. Kuroo happily nodded. What could be better than a bookstore date followed by dinner?

They found a local cafe combined with a book store. It had the loveliest atmosphere one could ever imagine. Bookshelves lined to a wall, with chairs and tables in the middle. The aroma of the coffee, cheese, and tea cakes made everything better..!!

They suited themselves at the corner table and ordered 2 frappuccinos

They suited themselves at the corner table and ordered 2 frappuccinos. They first finished their drinks, since it wasn't allowed to browse the books while having something. Kenma went from shelf to shelf, searching as if he already had a book in his mind.

"What are you looking for, Kou?", Kuroo asked

"Uhmmmm, just wait", and he continued to search for *the book*.

Finally, when he found what he was looking for, Kuroo could practically see stars in his eyes. Although his excitement range was that of a tea-spoon, Kuroo could still figure out Kenma's emotions. He called it "the soulmate powers".

Kenma pulled out that book and took it straight to the counter without showing it to Kuroo. "Bill it please", he said to the person sitting there. "YOU STAY THERE..!! DON'T COME ANYWHERE NEAR", he yelled at Kuroo.

Kuroo raised his hands in the air and said, "okay, you angry chihuahua", he laughed.

When Kenma was sure that the billing person had packed the book properly, he signaled Kuroo to come along, and they got out of the book store.

"Is that like a sex guide or something?", Kuroo mocked him.

"Shut up already. I don't need that sort of guide..!!"

"What do you mean? Are you that good?"

"Oh for the love of God, Roo shut up..!!", Kenma blushed intensely.

It was a 10-minute walk from the cafe to the restaurant they had planned to go to. But they took a long way around because Kenma said "we just had a whole damn frappuccino, how can you have any space to eat too?".

But if he was true, he wanted to have that one last long walk with the other guy before they had to separate for who knows how long... 

---------------------

Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Kageyama and Hinata's room

Nii-san, wake up
Nii-san, wake up
Nii-san, wake up

Hinata's alarm started ringing exactly at 6 PM. it was in his sister's voice. Kageyama woke up with a start and hit the "stop alarm" button with all the anger in the world. Hinata sat up straight on the bed and looked as if he was trying to figure out what day and time it was.

He looked at his side to see Kageyama rubbing his eyes, and his confused expression eased into a peaceful smile. He grabbed Kageyama into a hug and snuggled into his lap. Tobio gave Hinata a soft kiss on his head. "Get up Hina, we gotta get ready", he said.

"Uhm, but you're so soft and warm... I wanna hold you for a while", Hinata replied softly.

"Okay, I guess. We can stay here for a while... it's just 6 o'clock anyway"

They stayed in the bed, Kageyama occasionally giving Hinata little kisses. After a while, Hinata looked at Kageyama and said, "Tobio, I just realized that tonight's gonna be our last night together", his usually cheerful eyes drooped, "tomorrow we'll head to Nekoma... and from there, we'll go back to Miyagi in the evening" he hugged Kageyama tightly. "I don't wanna leave you"

Kageyama caressed Hinata's face softly and said, "I know. Neither do I... but it's gonna be okay Sho. and moreover, we have so many frequent practice matches that maybe I'll see you again in just a week or so", he let out some nervous chuckles. Even though he didn't believe in his own words, he wanted Hinata to calm down.

Hinata craned his neck upwards and kissed Kageyama, which took him off guard. It took a few seconds for him to adjust to that sudden expression of affection, but he flowed in, in no time.

Kageyama could feel Hinata's heavy breathing on his lips. He gently turned him and laid him down on the bed. He leaned in to kiss him again, but a bit more fiercely this time. They had done this earlier too, but now something was different. This one felt RIGHT.

This time, Kageyama didn't hesitate to make his moves, he wasn't holding back any secrets. But there was sure one more thing to say, which he kept for the end. He gripped his fingers around Hinata's neck, tight enough to show who was leading this, and gentle enough not to hurt him.

Now that he had a clear mind, and could notice things much better, he felt Hinata's lips much softer than earlier. He traced his bottom lip with his thumb which resulted in a few faint moans.

"You did it to me the last time~", Kageyama said in a soft yet assertive voice.

And just then, Hinata's phone started ringing again. He reached for it on the side table to see that it was his "6:45 PM", timer. "Hinata, why would you set so many alarms??!!", Kageyama whined. He wanted to continue what they were doing.

"Because we have a dinner date to go to Bakayama..!!", Hinata gave a little peck on Kageyama's lips and slid from underneath. "Get dressed now..!! We'll go out by 7", he said.

Since Hinata hadn't changed at all, they left their hotel room as soon as Kageyama changed. It was just a 15-minute walk from their hotel to the multi-cuisine restaurant they had planned to go to. 

--------------------------
[Word Count - 1236]

A/N - well then, I hope you've figured some shit out by now?? Anyway, wait for the next chapter... SENDING CONSENSUAL WARM HUGS IN YER WAY ❤