Chapter 8

A few days passed by, but no one was keeping track of 'em... it was too hard to concentrate on anything. Somehow, the whole school knew what had happened between Kenma and Hinata, and everyone kept giving weird petty looks to them in the hallways. The school was hard. Harder than any of them thought.

Hinata kept thinking about how he at least had Kageyama to talk to, but Kenma didn't have anyone as such. Hinata was the only person he ever talked to, and now he wasn't even returning his texts.

He tried approaching him, what was he even thinking?? He just couldn't let Kenma drown in the ocean of hurt... little did he know that the notification with his name hurt more than anything at that moment. So eventually, he ended up on Kenma's block list.

Days were somewhat easier, he'd attend all the lectures, try to concentrate as much as he could. He took the long route to the washrooms since Kenma's class came in the way. He'd walk back home, keeping his head down, trying to escape every shop and every mark that reminded him of the boy he still very much loves but couldn't be with.

And then came the toughest part of this whole break-up thing, VOLLEYBALL PRACTICE. Kenma was his setter. They were used to playing together. But now, everything was different. Kenma would miss some of his practices, and even when he was present (which was very rare), he'd deny setting for Hinata.

Without a setter, Hinata was having huge difficulty in keeping up the quality of his spikes. Yes, Sugawara was there to set for him, but it wasn't the same. Their 2nd and 3rd years were used to Sugawara's setting, but Hinata wasn't. In his point of view, Kenma did it better... he understood better what Hinata wanted. It wasn't Suga's fault, he was an amazing setter in himself... but Kenma was just... different.

Their captain would scold them for behaving so, but they didn't even have the energy or the will to retaliate. Volleyball was the only hope and light in Hinata's life which he wished to cling to, but now... without Kenma, even that light was fading away. Yet, he tried his level best to explain to Suga how he wanted his tosses to be and practice more and more with him. 

One day, just like all the others that have passed by, after they lost a practice match with one of the friend-enemy schools (in which Hinata had missed around 12 spikes, and Kenma's tosses were all over the place), their captain started lecturing them. 

Everyone stood with their faces drooping down, listening to the same thing all over again. Kenma and Hinata knew it was their mistake that they lost so many matches in a row... and then...

As everyone heard something that sounded like sobbing, they turned their heads... Hinata broke down. They all knew he was crying his eyes out at his place, in his room... but this was the first time that they saw him crying in front of everyone. 

Sugawara instantly scooted beside him and grabbed him in a side hug, assuring him that they all were there for him whenever he needed them. They all circled around Hinata, leaving enough space for him to breathe, trying their best to support him. Everyone had their attention on Hinata, no one saw Kenma.

Kenma slowly backed out, he couldn't see the guy he still loved breakdown like that in front of everyone. He went out of the gymnasium and sat on the stairs with his head on his knees. After a few minutes passed by, he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. It was their captain, Daichi Sawamura, the same one that had yelled at them just a while ago.

He sat beside Kenma wordlessly and gave him some water. He wasn't very good at comforting people, but his presence was enough to make Kenma feel a tiny bit better. And then came another person, Asahi Azumane, their team's ace. He sat on the empty side and handed Kenma a bar of chocolate. "Eat it, you need that energy", he said, with the most calming smile on his face.

An hour or so passed by, this was the latest they all had ever stayed at the gymnasium, but they knew that their teammates needed their support, so they had no objection. 

In there, Sugawara was trying hard to make Hinata believe that there is someone out there who is better for him, and that's the reason Kenma isn't his soulmate. Truth hurts, but there's no way to run away from it.

Out on the stairs, Kenma, Asahi, Daichi, Tanaka, and Ennoshita sat in silence, until Tanaka decided to speak. 

____________
[Word Count - 795]

A/N- I don't have much to write here today, but I'd love to hear what do you think about the storyline so far?? How's it going?? How's the pace?? FEEDDBBAACCKK PLEEAASSEE..!! hehe

okay, don't forget to vote though..!!
TAKE LOVE ❤