Chapter 32

He was wearing a hoodie with the hood on... a blue hoodie... a familiar blue hoodie. Hinata could only see the back, but he knew very well how it looked from the front as well. "A big flower doodle"

The faint sound of Hinata's heavy breathing, and the doorknob made the guy turn around. He saw Hinata, who stood there, absolutely frozen, and a nervous smile appeared on his face. Hinata wasn't moving at all...

"Just when I thought you won't show up, haha...", he stood up and turned around. There was indeed a big flower doodle on his hoodie.

"Kage- you?", was all Hinata could manage to say.

Hinata's already clouded mind had then stopped working altogether. The guy standing in front of him was his rival and his best friend. "No, uh, I'm not getting it right. Kageyama, did you see someone leaving the roof when you arrived?", he asked. He knew it was a stupid question. He knew it was him..!! All the dots were perfectly connected to the one standing right in front of him. Yet he couldn't bring himself to believe that.

Kageyama shook his head. He started fiddling with his hands not knowing what else to do. He couldn't read Hinata's expression for the first time. Was he sad? Angry? Confused? Tensed? All of the above?

"Y-you...", Hinata lifted his hand in which he was holding the diary in a clumsy grip, "you wrote this?"

"Yes," Kageyama responded in no more than a whisper. He held up his own diary, open to the page of that letter... 

"Kageyama", Hinata's shoulders shrunk, "why didn't you tell me?"

He walked as fast as his shivering legs allowed him to reach the other boy standing at a distance and jumped to hug him tightly. "Why didn't you tell me, Baka..!!". Kageyama's diary slid out of his hand and fell to the ground. He slightly bent down and picked up Hinata. 

"How long did you know about this?", Hinata asked. His voice wasn't very clear, but Kageyama knew what he was asking.

"Almost since the first or second day of the trip I guess", he replied once he calmed down a bit.

"Tobio, why didn't you tell me?", Hinata repeated himself.

Kageyama carefully placed Hinata down and asked him to sit with him. Just where he was sitting before Hinata arrived. He snuggled closer to Kageyama to protect himself from cold winds on the rooftop.

"Don't you kinda hate me or something?"

"Why would I hate you?"

"For being the reason for your breakup", Kageyama replied in a small voice. This was his worst fear. This is why he didn't tell him.

"Oh, NO. I don't hate you..!!," Hinata said. "Why would I hate you for that?"

Hinata may have cursed his soulmate for the few initial weeks of the breakup, but as the time passed by... he realized that no one but fate was to be held accountable for everything that had happened.

"Really?"

"I swear", Hinata passed a grin and gave a breife squeezed on Kageyama's hand.

"Oh..."

Hinata looked at him, it was clear that he wasn't satisfied with the answer.

"Tobio Kageyama". This made Kageyama sharply turn his gaze to Hinata. It scared him whenever someone called him with his full name.

Hinata filled in as much air as possible.
"I LIKE YOU TOO", he said a bit too loudly.

Kageyama looked at Hinata, confused, happy, and crying. "You... you do?"