Chapter 15

Meanwhile at Nekoma
Date: 31st December
Time: 12:00 AM
Place: Kuroo's house

Kuroo and Daichi had planned a combined road trip and had taken all the necessary permissions for the same. They were as excited as everyone else on the team. This would not only improve the relationship between the teams but also give some rest to their players.

After announcing the road trip to the party, and screaming at the top of his lungs with the rest of his teammates, Kuroo made his way out of all noise and sat on the balcony. A calm winter breeze brushing on his face. He saw Kageyama approaching him, and he already knew what this was gonna be about.

Kageyama quietly came and sat on an empty chair. After a while, he said "thanks for the trip Kuroo-san".

Kuroo humbly denied the credits, "oh no not me, thank Daichi when you see him. It was his idea"

"sure sure... by the way, how's your diary going??", Kageyama was trying to ease into the topic.

"There you go..!!", Kuroo thought to himself. "Pretty good actually. He's way less rude now, and it seems like he likes to talk to me", he smiled.

"ah! Good for you..!!", Kageyama replied dryly.

(A/N- WELL, GOOD FOR YOU,
YOU LOOK HAPPY AND HEALTHY, NOT ME..!!)

"Is everything okay? You look... Uhm... not so okay"

Kageyama was just waiting for him to ask. "You always catch me, don't you? Well, nothing much. I got my diary on 22nd December, my birthday... but I haven't written anything in it yet. I'm kinda hesitant"

"Is this because of Hinata?"

"ugh, maybe. I'm scared someone else would turn out to be my soulmate"

"You know you sound stupid, right? We both know everything is already decided and your soulmate doesn't depend upon whether you wanna write or not", Kuroo was honestly tired of hearing it now.

"yeaaaaaaahhhhhh, but-"

"Kageyama, there's no but. Today, you'll go home and write in your diary, okay? As a new start to a new year. Cheers..!!", he cut him off.

"yeah yeah okay. Okay. I will..."

Everyone stayed at Kuroo's for the night, because it was already too late for them to go home. The next day, Kageyama went home, freshened up, took out his diary, and gathering all the confidence he wrote in it.

Date: 1st January
Time: 10:00 AM
Place: Kageyama's bedroom

"hello there"

He saw as the text went green, "so, they're older than me. That's a point to Hinata", he thought to himself. He waited for it to turn red, but that didn't happen any time soon. So he closed the diary and placed it carefully on the nightstand.

Date: 1st January
Time: 11:43 AM
Place: Hinata's bedroom

The next morning, Hinata woke up in his own bed. He recollected the night and remembered that Daichi, Sugawara, and Asahi dropped everyone off even if it was pretty late. They had an off day as everyone was pretty tired from the party.

He looked over to his side to see that his diary looked kind of weird... It was faintly glowing. He opened it to see a text for the first time in 6 FREAKING MONTHS..!!

He got excited and fumbled around, trying to find something to write with.

"uhmmmm... "hello there"... seems pretty grown-up. What should I reply to this?"