Riley Poo

Riley's POV

It was finally the weekend and I was so glad to have a break from all the drama. I just want to watch T.V, eat some food, and hang out with Auggie. I appreciate Maya wanting to help me and everything, but wherever she goes, the drama follows her.

Now our little friend group is split up. Lucas is obviously on Hayden's side, Maya and I are on the same side, and Farkle seems like he's in the middle. I can tell he doesn't really know what to do about it.

I decided to text him to see how he was doing.

Riley: Hey Farkie, how you been?

Farkle: Farkie? What the heck is that

Riley: my new nickname for you, now tell me how you've been Farkie.

Farkle: Okay.

Riley: Why just okay?

Farkle: Because we're all fighting and I hate fighting. I don't know who to believe.

Riley: I'm not going to pressure you into agreeing with Maya and I but I just want you to know that I'll support your decision, every if it's the wrong one ;)

Farkle: Thanks Riley poo

Riley: Riley poo? Seriously?

Farkle: What, I thought we were doing nicknames!

Riley: I was, you aren't.

Farkle: But Riley poo...

Riley: Nope.

Farkle: You know, I should be asking you how you've been.

Riley: And why is that?

Farkle: Don't make me answer that Riley, you know why.

Riley: Honestly, I haven't been doing so good. Every time I try to talk to Maya about how I feel and everything, Hayden comes up. I get that she's upset about it but now I just feel like I'm keeping everything inside.

Farkle: Aw Riley bear :(

Riley: Oh my god.

Farkle: You can talk to me about it.

Riley: Really? You won't tell anyone what I tell you?

Farkle: I promise I won't.

Riley: Ok then.

Ever since my dad died, I've been feeling like it was my fault that he got hit by a car. Maybe if I had gone with him to school instead of riding the subway with Maya...I don't know. I could've pulled him out of the way or something. I was just starting to feel like it wasn't my fault when Hayden told me it was. It's one thing to think something about yourself, but it's a whole other thing when some else confirms it. If it's my fault that my mom, Auggie, uncle Josh, my grandparents...they're all living without Cory Mathews, the best man I knew, all because of me. I don't think I can live with that, Farkle.

Farkle: Riley, you're not thinking of...you know. Are you? Because you know that we're all here to support you no matter what.

Riley: No of course I'm not, I just can't stand the fact that he's dead because of me.

Farkle: It's not your fault. You have to listen to me Riley it's not your fault. I know you feel like it is, a lot of people blame themselves after a loved one dies, but you can't tell yourself something that's going to hurt you so much when it isn't even true.

Riley: Thanks Farkle, you really helped. I better go finish my chores though, bye.

Farkle: Bye Riles :)

I put down my phone and layed down in my bed.

I can't believe I just did that, I lied to Farkle. I never lie, especially to my friends. I just hope that him knowing I feel better makes him feel better too, even though I don't. Everyone keeps telling me it wasn't my fault, but I know what's true and I know that it was. They just don't get it.

Tears began to fill my eyes and they were soon streaming down my face.

I heard my mom walk in and I tried to stop crying but I couldn't, I don't know why.

"Riley?" She opened my door.

"Oh sweetie," she said as she rushed over to me and hugged me.

I didn't let her let go.

A/N:

My presentation is over! I'm so happy, now I'm finally on spring break, yaaaaay Netflix.

This is kind of a filler chapter and I'm sorry about that but I really wanted to update as soon as possible. I'm going to try to put a lot more effort into this story because I feel like I've just been coming up with really stupid ideas and all the chapters are really short. It'll make it better though so that would be good.

Idk what to write anymore so...byeeee. Oh and thanks for waiting!

Elly